Question New member here, looking for some friendly help.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ibleedoranbla, Nov 30, 2015.

1. ibleedoranbla

ibleedoranbla
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, I'm new here. I have browsed around on the forum several times in the past after google searches have directed me here. I never really had a need to be a member because I have always lived in places that wouldn't allow me to have nice home theater setups. I recently bought a new house a few months ago and one of the first things I did was start building a home theater. Now I want to preface this and say that my equipment is not the best of the best. Everything that I have suits me very well and eventually in the future when I get more educated and more money I will upgrade things.

With all of that said, my question revolves around my very newly purchased 7.2 surround sound system. I upgraded from my previous Samsung HTIB 7.1 system (if you really want to consider it that) It was good system for what it was. When I bought it 2 years ago I spent way more on it than I should. Oh well you live and you learn. I recently bought a Denon AVR-S710W, 2 Klipsch R-28f, Klipsch R-25C, 4 Klipsch R-15M, and 2 Klipsch R-10SW. I bought all of this on a spur of the moment shopping spree because I got what feels to me as a deal I just couldn't pass up. Believe me, I know these are the entry level model Klipsch's and some of you may flame me for purchasing them, however I love them so far and they work GREAT for me.

So, for my question. I recently started looking into the Dolby Atmos because my AVR says that it supports it. I had no knowledge to what Atmos was until just recently and I now have a much better understanding. I then found some Klipsch RP-140SA Atmos add on speakers. I thought this would be perfect for me and I would add 4 of these over time to give me a complete 7.2.4 Atmos setup. I then started researching how I would go about hooking these up, since my AVR only has 7 channels. I then realized that my receiver only supports 5.2.2 for Dolby Atmos. This really sucks because I want the 7.2.4. So, what are my options? Thanks for you time in reading all of this and thank you for any and all help.

2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,426
    Well your options are to either buy a new AVR that supports 7.2.4, keep your current 7.1 system or have a 5.2.2 system.
    Personally I would have gone for one better sub that 2 budget ones that are the same as this tends to give a better overall result.