• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New member having problems with a remote.

brisamar

Novice Member
New member as of yesterday.
Bought a 43A7300F yesterday. Setting the TV up was not a problem. I wonder if I have been given the wrong remote.
Various problems
When Pressing the volume control buttons It adjusts the volume but also changes channels at the same time.
Numerous buttons do not work:
Guide, Ch list, info to name a few.
Can anyone advise what the best course of action is?
Thanks.

pixlrik

Prominent Member
Where did you buy it from? They should be your first port of call.

You could also try Hisense customer service, they are quite good and will likely arrange for a new remote to be sent out to you in the post.

brisamar

Novice Member
Thanks PFMC84 For your reply.
i live in Spain. Bought the TV from Carrefour yesterday. My Spanish is not great & was hoping a quick fix was available without having to go back to the shop. Will wait & see if I get any more responses then take the TV back.
Will report back on the outcome.

brisamar

Novice Member
Will try better batteries. Took the TV back today & got a replacement. The guy in the shop used the original remote on the sets in the shop & it worked ok. Set up the replacement set. Still the same problem with the remote.
Could it be a problem when setting up the TV or a conflict eith the Digi Box?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Do you have a terrestrial aerial plugged into the TV or is this “digibox” your sole means of reception?
Is this digibox a terrestrial, satellite or cable box?
If there's no Terrestrial aerial plugged in to your TV that explains why certain buttons like Guide, CH info etc don't work.

brisamar

Novice Member
Digi box is the only means of reception which is Satellite. I understand now about the certain buttons not working if no terrestrial input. But does not explain the volume button changing channels at the same as the volume.

brisamar

Novice Member
JayCee. Thought the problem was sorted. Turned TV off when i turned back on the same problem. if adjust the volume it also changes the channels.
i have tried with the CEC on & off. No difference.
One thing seems to have changed. I now can switch between YouTube & the tv without having to switch the set off.
Could the digi box have the cec control switched on. I am unable to find the HDMI control within the menu.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
One thing seems to have changed. I now can switch between YouTube & the tv without having to switch the set off

You aren't switching between “YouTube & the TV”
I presume you're viewing Youtube via the TV's smart features and built-in apps?
You're switching between the TV and your external satellite box.
Yes, an external box can have CEC in it's menu so have a look through that.

brisamar

Novice Member
Yes viewing You Tube via the app.
Unable to locate a CEC in the digi box menu. Will have to ask the people who installed the box.
Thanks for your input.

brisamar

Novice Member
JayCee
Had the engineer out today about the digi box.
No CEC or HDMI control on the box.
His response was to adjust the volume only with the digi Box remote. Turn it up high on the TV remote. The reason is that the TV/remote is the same frequency as the digi box.
The other option is to change the TV for another model.
Thanks for your input.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom