1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member! :) - Have a few questions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by AmTechFox, Oct 24, 2004.

1. AmTechFox

AmTechFox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well Hello There!

I am PAC2004, and you'll probably be seeing more of me over the next few weeks, I have decided to buy a Plasma TV :eek:

After browsing most of the afternoon, I'm tempted to get the Panasonic TH-42PWD6 or maybe the TH-42PW7B?

Now, thats probably the easy part...looking at some of your threads, a lot of preparation has gone into these setups.

I plan to use my sky box and a decent dvd player(with 5.1 setup) with the plasma,the stand seems to be a thing which I havent decided on..

Looking around, avsales have a Panasonic & Toshiba Stand for £150? will I be ok to go ahead and buy a small wooden unit for the plasma ontop, along with my sub, dvd and sky box underneath? can anyone recommend a unit.

Cables: if I purchase from avsales (are they ok to buy from, btw?) what connections/cables will I need.

and finally, are the plasma's I'm thinking of buying good quality? Is seems Panasonic is the make to have?

Thanks 4 any info/help guys

PAC