New member, Arcam owner looking for speakers

clips

Standard Member
Reaction score
I just posted this in the speaker section before seeing this Arcam area. You folks probably have a pretty good feel for what matches up to your arcams, so here goes.

"Hello all. I am wanting to buy a new pair of bookshelf speakers for my system. My speakers have always been the weak link. About 9 or so years ago I purchased an Arcam Alpha 7 amplifier, followed that with an Alpha 7 CD and then the Alpha 8 tuner. I also run an old reel to reel (sony) as well as a newer Music Hall turn table. I am looking for a speaker that will be warm sounding (bright speakers do not seem to add to my listening enjoyment). I have just started researching and have seen names like B&W, Monitor Audio, Boston Acoustics and others and I would like some guidance on brands and models to listen to. My budget is US $400 to $650."

Hoping you can steer me to speakers that will work well with my system, warm, neutral, I do not like boomy bass so a bookshelf should be fine. I will place them on stands. Also if wires really do make a difference, not just for the speakers but for the system please do advise,

Thank you in advance for your help.

To my ears I find that my Quad 12L bookshelf speakers pair very well with my Arcam gear (as do my ProAc 1SC - but slightly above your budget). The Quads offer a slightly warmer-side of neutral sound and are capable with many different genres of music.

Other bookshelf speakers that I auditioned that I also liked were by AudioVector and Dynaudio.

Good luck with your search.

To my ears I find that my Quad 12L bookshelf speakers pair very well with my Arcam gear (as do my ProAc 1SC - but slightly above your budget). The Quads offer a slightly warmer-side of neutral sound and are capable with many different genres of music.

Other bookshelf speakers that I auditioned that I also liked were by AudioVector and Dynaudio.

Good luck with your search.

Thanks.... always good to have some more options.

You could also look at the Lektor series from DALI.
I have auditioned these with Arcam Diva, and was impressed

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom