New Mazda 6

CFC1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a look at these yet? I was in a Mazda dealership on Saturday and was pretty impressed with it, as a Mondeo/Passat alternative. The new hatchback and forthcoming estate shapes are pretty fresh looking and the whole package seems very attractive..... http://www.mazda.co.uk/Showroom/Mazda6/ ... I was initially thinking about changing to a Honda CRV, but TBH, I've gone off that shape, big style...

I was at the dealership last week. Looks impressive.

If you're running as a company car Mazda dealers are doing really good contract hire deals on the new Mazda 6. Mazda Business Partner offers or something like that.

If you're running as a company car Mazda dealers are doing really good contract hire deals on the new Mazda 6. Mazda Business Partner offers or something like that.

Cheers ... It's a private purchase Bluehorse! :)

I was at work today, but Mrs CFC went to another dealers to have a look at the car in lilac silver (don't ask!) ... She said that it was really lilac in one light and almost totally silver in another ... she took these pics to show me... Whatever it looks like ... I'm not getting that colour! ... There are only 7 colours, inc white, met red and a couple of blues, but I think it's a choice of the dark grey metallic or black (again) for me!

BTW, the pics show the saloon version, whereas I will be getting the hatch!

I looked at the mazda 3 when i was hunting for my new car..... i thought the mazdas where very overprice. IIRC the mazda 3 which was the same price as my car came without air con and a cd player etc, also mazda parts seemed v.v expensive. Its a shame really as they were very nice cars.

I ended up with a Honda Civic Sport which i absolutely adore..... my mum and dad bought the old style CRV when they were selling them off cheap, thats also a very nice car but the new ones look awful!

Ownig a 'old' Mazda 6 Estate I have been very impressed with the new 6. Looks stunning in the showroom and I have sat in three variants, TS2, Sport and the new 2.5 Sport will full leather. Very comfortable, as is the old car. I'm looking to change in the spring and my wife rather fancies the Mazda 5 MAV Sport. Very easy to get in and out of with my arthritis. Still love the new 6 but need an estate. Watch this space.

Watch this space.

I will gibbsy ... god luck! :thumbsup: .... Let us know what you do! :smashin:

Took the plunge and bought a 2.0 litre diesel in stormy blue metallic, this morning ... 3 week delivery! ... Trading in nearly 3 year old Seat Altea... and sod's law... on the way back from the showroom, I noticed a screeching sound at the back. Went to a local mechanic mate, who said that the rear brake pads are kapput! :eek: ... Unneeded expense, particularly as deal already done! :rolleyes:

Hi. You will love the new Mazda. I took one for a test drive the other day. I own the Current Mazda6 a 2 litre TS2 and really enjoy the drive.:thumbsup: I'm planning on buying the new one next year....Happy motoring..:D

Hi. You will love the new Mazda. I took one for a test drive the other day. I own the Current Mazda6 a 2 litre TS2 and really enjoy the drive.:thumbsup: I'm planning on buying the new one next year....Happy motoring.. :D

Much appreciated Chriszzzzzz ... I can't wait to get her :rolleyes: at the end of the month! It's silly really, but you know what it's like ... we change the car every 3 years and it's like an event! :rolleyes: Unfortunately, they've gone astray with us buyers here in Northern Ireland! The majority of Mazda 6's sold here will be diesel, yet they launch the petrol versions first, then the diesel don't arrive for another month!!!! :(

As I mentioned earlier today, I bought the dark blue metallic (stormy blue) but am perplexed as to why the UK colour options are so poor (limited to 7 colours, and no silver and just a flat black!!) I was looking on the Republic of Ireland Mazda website, and they have about 11 or 12 options.... including 2 different silvers and 2 different blacks!! :mad:

Has anyone had a look at these yet? I was in a Mazda dealership on Saturday and was pretty impressed with it, as a Mondeo/Passat alternative. The new hatchback and forthcoming estate shapes are pretty fresh looking and the whole package seems very attractive..... http://www.mazda.co.uk/Showroom/Mazda6/ ... I was initially thinking about changing to a Honda CRV, but TBH, I've gone off that shape, big style...

It is a mondeo under the skin isn't it?

Nice car though.

Its a evolution of the previous Mazda 6 platform.

Absolutely!

... Hey, thanks for the link... it's really interesting seeing a load more colours. The black looks really well (doubt it's the flat black being offered here though) ... the red also looks interesting (though I wouldn't have the balls to go for that, TBH). In the end it was a toss up for me between the grey or blue... I decided on the darker blue .. the one on the estate version pictured! :)

Absolutely!

... Hey, thanks for the link... it's really interesting seeing a load more colours. The black looks really well (doubt it's the flat black being offered here though) ... the red also looks interesting (though I wouldn't have the balls to go for that, TBH). In the end it was a toss up for me between the grey or blue... I decided on the darker blue .. the one on the estate version pictured! :)

The estate def looks really good, better than Mondeo estate.

wasabi

are mazda and ford still linked ??? , for me , there are a hell of a lot of styling cues that look the same as the mk4 mondeo , that aint a bad thing as i have one of them :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

are mazda and ford still linked ??? , for me , there are a hell of a lot of styling cues that look the same as the mk4 mondeo , that aint a bad thing as i have one of them :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ford still owns 34% of Mazda. Some models share the same platforms, e.g. Fiesta and Focus, whilst they keep it apart for Mondeo platform, sports cars any SUV's for now.

Good article here - Forbes article that emphasise the managerial and operational benefits, rather than technology/platform sharing that made it successful. But as I mentioned above, I think now they are ready to share more, and Ford definitely needs the know how of Mazda to turn around their profitability and production efficiency.

wasabi

Found this....Hopefully helpful.

The Mk4 Mondeo is all new. Its chassis is also found in the Volvo V70 and S80, as well as the S-Max and Galaxy. It uses what Ford calls the EUCD platform. The Mk3 Mondeo's chassis was never used in anything else, bar the Jag X-Type. The Mazda6 uses the Ford CD3 platform(it was actually designed entirely by Mazda), and provides the basis for a lot of US market Fords, as well as well as some of the brands that Ford only sell over there like Lincoln and Mercury. The new Mazda6 also uses this chassis. The two platforms are totally unrelated. So yes, the old Mondeo and 6 weren't related, and neither are the new generation Mondeo and 6.

The smaller Mazdas are indeed based on Fords though, but for the most part use Mazda engines instead of Ford ones............

Hope that is correct......:rolleyes:

Quick update: Picked up my new Mazda 6 diesel hatch this morning, and am really happy with it so far. It is fairly quiet with the 6 gears meaning that it is only doing about 2,000 revs at 75 mph!... :) I went for the "stormy blue" mica metallic in the end, and it looks great, particularly when the sun's on it!

Although, really pe'ed off that I've only done 60 miles, and have already picked up a frigging stone chip on the bonnet! ... Arrrrgggghhhh! :mad:

Cheers! :)

I currently have the Mazda 3 Saloon and having the benefit of having a Mazda Mechanic in the family is an added bonus and my service costs are nothing.

Need a second car, but saw a new one of these new 6's today in my work's car park. Its in black and its really impressive looking and Im getting very interested in it. There is a hint of some lexus shape in it, paired with the new Mondeo, but overall a lovely looking car.

There is a hint of some lexus shape in it, paired with the new Mondeo, but overall a lovely looking car.

There really is, Max! .. it's a bit different, 'cos the bodywork is fairly plain, with few "lines", and it is therefore a bit more understated than most European cars in the sector... I think that Mazda made a conscious effort not to try to do a Euro styling job on it.... :)

I was looking at a black one in the dealer's this morning, and liked it also ... I think the dark colours set off the chromework around the windows and the alloys. The one I saw was the 2.5 sport model with full bodykit, 18" alloys and spoiler ... lovely... :(

:)hello all, my first av post, so go easy,
have got test drive tomorrow in 2.5l sl. have a 55 reg ts2 and have noticed to get bose and sunroof you now have to go for the range topper, however intend to use the fact that a mondeo titanium x is available for just over 16k and that there is a new vectra this year as a bartering tool. i will let you know how i get on. after considering other makes i cannot see any reason to change, having had 2 mazda 6,s i have had no issues whatsoever with either and dont want to risk a less reliable make. i have noticed a few of you have purchased the new model, has anyone seen the white metallic?, i am tempted, even though it,ll be a bugbear to keep clean, even so the black metallic i have now tends to show small scratches and also looks dirty quite quickly. anyway i.ll keep you posted on any deal that is struck. drive safely:hiya:

:)hello all, my first av post, so go easy

A warm welcome to you, Richard! :hiya:
I have seen the white metallic a couple of times, and concede that it does look well ... something that is evident all the more in that Mazda's "foreign" (i.e Mainland European, Far East and Australasian advertising uses a white car almost exclusively! But then again, white hasn't really caught on here.... but coincidentally enough, whilst we were having a celebratory Indian lunch in Belfast, after picking up our car yesterday, a white TS sport, I think, went flashing past!!!!

The black 2.5 sport that I saw yesterday looked fantastic and if I were willing (or could afford, more like!) to buy a petrol and the top of the range model, I would probably get it in black, or in the stormy blue, which I also saw on my travels pre-purchase. The copper red colour in the brochure looks great too, but I'm definitely not brave enough to buy that.

From my dealings, it is too early to get the dealers to deal too much on the new model, but give it a month or two, and they will, I'm sure.

Good luck with whatever you manage to do, and be sure to post any developments here ... I will be interested to see how you get on! :)

Calvin

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom