1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Marantz DV4300 and new SR4300 has arrived

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by zacha4, Nov 29, 2002.

Tags:
  1. zacha4

zacha4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    New Marantz DV4300 and new SR4300

I picked up my new DVD and receiver yesterday. Initial impression are very good.

The new DV4300 looks great as it is very very slim. The sound coupled with the new receiver appears to be much better than my old Denon AVR F100. I know I am not comparing like with like really as the Denon is a midi size unit but price wise both packages are similar.

The sound has much more depth and the stereo imaging is much better. At present I have only wired up my main speakers Mission M73 so this review is only in stereo with source direct on but hopefully tonight I shall set the system up fully.

The DVD does get quite warm but it is not in the best place for ventilation however.

My dealer did say I might be one of the first persons in the UK to actually get hold of these items as the main stock only arrived in the uk last week.!!!!!!!!!!!

2. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    at last! some info on the sr4300 receiver.i have posted a couple of threads asking for feedback on it as i am seriously considering purchasing. i have a sony str de475 at the moment, but the stereo sound is very harsh(i also have mission m73 fronts)
    i know the marantz isn`t much of a step up financially, but it`s as far as i can stretch.
    can you let me know how you get on with it.i will be using it for hc too,so would be interested how it handles that.
    also it seems to have an awful lot of extra`s for the price tag,ddes etc. so hope they haven`t comprimised on the basics.
    anyway any advice and opinion would be very welcome.

thanks alot

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my sr4300 a week ago and am certainly impressed with the stereo imaging and DPLII decoding.
    I think for the price there's very little competetion out there.
    Haven't played around with CSII tho'.

Frego

4. planbeta

planbeta
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just wondering your thoughts on surround sound, as I jave read some reviews that say the steering is a bit 'lazy'.

Cheers

5. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't call it lazy, steering sounds fine to me on the 5300. don't bother with CSII tho it's terrible compared to Prologic2. As is Neo6.

6. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

can you tell me where you read the reviews of the sr4300 as i can`t find any anywhere and am itching to purchase

thanks

7. zacha4

zacha4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen no review on the Sr4300 but my review is it is very good.

I connected up all my speakers and yes it is good. DPII makes stereo recordings sound good on all speakers CS2 is dissapointing and the DSP settings like HALL, ROCK VIRTUAL are a waste of time so I normally use DPII listening to CDs

Zach

8. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that zach.
    have you tried out any dvd`s yet?

9. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought mine on the basis of SR4200 reviews.
    I had a Sherwood RD6106R prior to this and can definetly say this amp sounds miles better.
    I don't now what the term 'lazy steering' means but mine certainly sounds well focused acrross all channels. DPII works very well indeed esp in music mode.
    The only gripe I have at the moment is with regards to my sub which is sounding a little flat and soft. I'm sure it's probably related to position/levels.
    Haven't even taken out the SPL meter yet!

Frego.