New Maps?

Benny Powers

Established Member
Reaction score
anyone heard anything regarding new maps at all on world at war?

would personally love some more to get my teeth into.

I haven't however some feel that April may be when new maps may be made available.

I CANNOT wait for some quality new maps although I am still loving the current ones. :thumbsup:

there is even talk of there being more then just mutilplayer maps
maybe new zombie modes and added single player lv's.

Last edited:
I can see that having appeal to alot of people and its a good move!

I however, will be looking forward to new maps!

I'd rather have a total overhaul of the host/server/glitches before new maps get released. Plus they should be free for all the hassle this games given everybody, I'll keep dreaming :rotfl:

I'm getting rid of this game before Killzone. So they can stuff whatever they are going to charge us scandelous amounts for right up there "flashing names."

Substitute "flasing names" for whatever you like.

They've had their chance and they've blew it big time.

I'm getting rid of this game before Killzone. So they can stuff whatever they are going to charge us scandelous amounts for right up there "flashing names."

Substitute "flasing names" for whatever you like.

They've had their chance and they've blew it big time.

I'm gonna hang on to WaW until COD 4 Modern Warefare 2 is out.

Can't wait for KZ2 but am still unsure whether or not it will get me off WaW - I really hope it does, the vids look great but I dunno if it will break my love of WaW?! I think it will but I'm being reserved about it cos I don't want to overhype in my own mind lol.

I'm gonna hang on to WaW until COD 4 Modern Warefare 2 is out.

Can't wait for KZ2 but am still unsure whether or not it will get me off WaW - I really hope it does, the vids look great but I dunno if it will break my love of WaW?! I think it will but I'm being reserved about it cos I don't want to overhype in my own mind lol.

I overhyped (or believed the hype) too much over Resistance 2. I had it for 2 nights and the multiplayer (all i really play) just didn't match up to COD, which was my own expectations fault really, so it got exchanged. I await the AVF seal of approval, before parting with my cash for KZ2 ;)

i wish they would release a patch that let you play "free for all" on ALL maps rather than the few small ones, its so repetitive,

I overhyped (or believed the hype) too much over Resistance 2. I had it for 2 nights and the multiplayer (all i really play) just didn't match up to COD, which was my own expectations fault really, so it got exchanged. I await the AVF seal of approval, before parting with my cash for KZ2 ;)

Well I'm getting it from the off but I agree with everything you said.

RFOM2 solo campaign was good but I found that the online mode was poor at best and no, it definately didn't match upto COD.

Same as Fear 2, I've played the demo (and F.E.A.R) and whilst the first one bored me to tears (identikit EVERYTHING), drab, grey & depressing Fear 2 looks and plays far better, which is to be expected really. However, I still prefer COD so call me a stick in the mud or an old fuddy duddy but ya can't beat old faithful (COD).

:smashin:

The thing is there is alot of good games coming out feb and march so if killzone is a let down. I can easily get another game like the new Resident Evil.

The thing is there is alot of good games coming out feb and march so if killzone is a let down. I can easily get another game like the new Resident Evil.

Resi 5 is a MUST! I'm also looking forward to Final Fantasy, Street Fighter, UFC Unleashed & Fight Night Round 4!

those are games that I know I'll buy and never trade in (well depending on the fight mechanics of UFC cos the previous game was crap and so was Prides).

Resi 5 is a MUST! I'm also looking forward to Final Fantasy, Street Fighter, UFC Unleashed & Fight Night Round 4!

those are games that I know I'll buy and never trade in (well depending on the fight mechanics of UFC cos the previous game was crap and so was Prides).

I'm really looking forward to Final Fantasy, I'm a big fan of all the previous ones except X-2. But unfortunately i think its been put back till xmas or next year.:mad:

I'm really looking forward to Final Fantasy, I'm a big fan of all the previous ones except X-2. But unfortunately i think its been put back till xmas or next year.:mad:

X-2 Is theat the one where your on a ship all the time? If so yep, that was utter sh***.

Gutted its put back!

Honestly am looking so forward to KZ2 though!:thumbsup:

PC users have a new map...........

"Makin Day" (i dont think i need to tell you anymore!)

well its a start i guess, i do hope that it not all we are going to get though!

PC users have a new map...........

"Makin Day" (i dont think i need to tell you anymore!)

well its a start i guess, i do hope that it not all we are going to get though!

PC gamers can create their own maps aswell as a host of other options like as many players as you like, no glitching, no noobtubes :(

I'm so pleased that Treyarch are providing such excellent support to the game:smashin:.

And people still moan about IW:eek:.

Just been announced we are getting a map pack

02/10/09 New Downloadable Content Announced!

New conflicts are on the horizon for Call of Duty: World at War! We're pleased to introduce the contents of our first Downloadable Content (DLC) Map Pack for World at War, which includes three new Multiplayer levels, as well as an additional level for the ever-popular bonus Co-Op mode, Nazi Zombies!

Nightfire
In "Nightfire," players take to the streets of a war-ravaged Berlin with only the flames of the burning city to expose the enemy.

Station
"Station" offers a bombed out underground train station littered with hidden passageways and destroyed subway cars.

Knee Deep
"Knee Deep" takes place on the island of Peleliu in a once tranquil village turned chaotic Japanese command center.

Verrückt (Zombie Asylum)
The fan favorite 4-player co-op Nazi Zombies Bonus Mode returns with "Verrückt," a terrifying Zombie asylum featuring more weapons, perks via the addition of Perks-a-Cola machines, electroshock defenses and the endless zombie horde.

The team has been very quiet regarding details of our DLC until now, and we're so excited to let this content loose. DLC Map Pack #1 is due out in March of '09 for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC platforms. More details are soon to come, so be sure to check out CallOfDuty.com for all the latest news and updates regarding CoD:WaW!

I can bet this will be £9.99 on the PS3. And 800 points on the Xbox360.

I base this on it being how much the COD4 map pack is.

I like the PS3 version more, but £10 for 3 maps is a bit much, they really should throw in Makin day to make it £2.50 a map, which is bad but not that bad.

Just been announced we are getting a map pack

I can bet this will be £9.99 on the PS3. And 800 points on the Xbox360.

I base this on it being how much the COD4 map pack is.

I like the PS3 version more, but £10 for 3 maps is a bit much, they really should throw in Makin day to make it £2.50 a map, which is bad but not that bad.

cheers mate, I'm limited to what I can access during the day at work cos of the filters!

I'd think they'll price it around £6.99 and would trather pay that WITHOUT the zombie maps.

I personally dont want Zombie maps cos I cant stand it - the 3 maps will be worth the extra money imo!!!

:thumbsup:

cheers mate, I'm limited to what I can access during the day at work cos of the filters!

I'd think they'll price it around £6.99 and would trather pay that WITHOUT the zombie maps.

I personally dont want Zombie maps cos I cant stand it - the 3 maps will be worth the extra money imo!!!

:thumbsup:
£7 would be a pretty fair price. And would gladly pay that over.

I still would like them to include the Makin Day, simply because two people on my friends list for some extremely odd reason its their favorite level alongside Dome (which is a given as its a superb map).

But Makin is just too dark for my liking though. And usually get sniped from people I cannot even see. So am hoping the Makin Day will be the best of both worlds.

£7 would be a pretty fair price. And would gladly pay that over.

I still would like them to include the Makin Day, simply because two people on my friends list for some extremely odd reason its their favorite level alongside Dome (which is a given as its a superb map).

But Makin is just too dark for my liking though. And usually get sniped from people I cannot even see. So am hoping the Makin Day will be the best of both worlds.

Agreed, £7 is not much for the maps - considering I've invested over 5 days on WaW so far :eek:

I'm beginning to really enjoy the Makin Map but yes, a daytime version would be brilliant! Really really good!

I like the sound of the others but not the subway one - obviously it will be based on the solo one & I thought that was abit crap.

Either way I really look forward to the new maps - just hope they give the option of being cheaper without the Zombie addition - not that I'm being cheap it just I really dislike the Zombie mode lol!:rotfl:

wow this is great! Just starting to think I was getting a bit bored of COD!

I'd say it will be between £7 - £10, id defo pay that for them!

Not too bothered about the zombie level either (will give it a go though), it would be nice to have the option to pick wether you want it or not. but can't see that happening!

wahey......

stuff you killzone fanboys!!

:rotfl:

new WAW maps.....get in!!

:rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom