1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Madonna CD

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by neilo, Apr 18, 2003.

1. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Gawwd its awful ..only had a quick listen but its her worst yet and Im a big Madonna fan

2. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    is that the one with american pie on it called "music" not got the cd to hand purchased this the other day in error looked inside cover and it gave differant song titles to what was on cd,

that will teach me to take my bins with me next time ,will be exchanging as soon as pos,

3. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    no its called American Life

4. narabdela

narabdela

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Bloody awful. She just gets worse.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

5. sweetmate

sweetmate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    When I heard her "rapping" on the single about having lawyers and chefs and nannies and bodyguards, I honestly thought it was a joke.

And she is looking amazingly ugly too. IMO.

6. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Give the girl some credit.........................Few people have lasted in the business as long as her.

When you experiment with different styles and techniques some of it is bound to come across as weak. She should be credited for her guts to try different styles.

I'm not saying this album is any good, but to have the ******** to try different things this late in her career should be applauded.

Sweetmate, I doubt you'll look a fraction as good as her when you reach her age. :clown:

I'm not even a fan don't even have her albums, but credit where credits due!!!!!!!!

Stace :D

8. adox

adox
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    from the bits i`ve heard of it, it`s fairly similar to her last album.
    and isn`t she working with the same producer as the last album,some french guy i think, who brings his own style to recordings.
    she has re-invented herself down the years and changed her style from album to album, but perhaps this time she`s just recorded the same as she did last time out, but not as good?

9. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would have said the same about Madonna a few years ago, when she was still doing interesting (IMO) stuff. But I'll never forgive her for that hatchet-job on American Pie. It's because of that song, I had to remove Madonna from my "Celebs I would have sex with, if given the chance" list. I hope she's happy with herself. :D

10. sweetmate

sweetmate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    I would applaud, ...if it were any good! Just because someone is trying something different, doesn’t mean they deserve instant acclaim. There has to be some merit in their output first!

Maybe, but I wont be on MTV in close-up will I?!

And come on, that video is atrocious. It really looks like Madonna and Guy have gone down to the Trocadero in Leicester Square, and popped a few quid in one of those video karaoke machines with the multicoloured backgrounds. It's just tragic.

11. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    the vid was a rush job after she pulled the original

12. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi all i have just exchanged the madonna cd (the one with american pie on it ) to madonnas (like a vigin cd) remastered vertion and the sound quality seems to be poor

like a vigin track seems to lack bass, its all rather tinny in the treble, this track or others on cd sounded better when ive heard them on the radio, the quality seemed better to me on the cd i have just swopped than "like a virgin cd?????