New MacUpdate Bundle

Mulling over this as I need to upgrade my 1Password anyway. May go for it. Oh and its the first 10k buyers BTW.

Attachments

• MUB.jpg
    MUB.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 138
cheers guys, I was going to get 1password anyway so may as well get this bundle :)

cheers guys, I was going to get 1password anyway so may as well get this bundle :)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Now colour me confused 'cos I thought you said

And what does it do that keychain that comes with every Mac can't?

Not only passwords, you can use it as a repository for all the licence codes for all that expensive software you've bought.

Its not only passwords but also form filling etc.

Hmm maybe I just don't get it. I've got a spreadsheet for storing serial numbers and safari does my form filling.

Its always possible to duplicate functionality across other apps, I think the strength of this one is its portable. So if one day Safari for any reason doesn't work for you or you choose to use another browser 1Password will take all those logins and form filling details to it. There's also an iPhone app etc.

LOL Now I get it, well the choice at least :) For me personally I use multiple browsers to actually not get that pollution but I guess it works for some.

Hmmm?

So have you

1. moved off Safari, or
2. given up using spreadsheets, or
3. given up on the keychain?

So what convinced you to buy it (other than I use it of course :p)

Or was it Gawker? ;)

Because you were right :)

I need to move some stuff around and it proves to be a handy tool.

You'll love it :thumbsup: a really useful app.

If you haven't used DevonThink before that'll give you something to get your head around on these dark winter evenings :smashin:

I looked at devonthink before but for what I required paperless was stronger. But since it is part of the bundle I will take a look again.

Quite tempted by the offer. Just wondered if anyone has used/using flux? Wondering if its a decent replacement for dreamweaver etc.

didn't go with this bundle, (as I was gifted 1Password by a very generous member in another thread, but I did do the tweet just to get Process for free, is interesting

Process was given out by Macheist a while back I recall one forum member was really taken with it after committing to it for a week. Try a search there may be more feedback.

Process was given out by Macheist a while back I recall one forum member was really taken with it after committing to it for a week. Try a search there may be more feedback.

might search for that, as after downloading their pdf manual, I'm about 25% sure on how to use it! :confused:;)

A final bump to this as it runs out in 4 hours.

Nearly bought it, but I need a new 1Password licence for the desktop and iPad and I won't use the software I don't already own (have 4 of them already) so I'm passing.

Another MacUpdate bundle

https://www.mupromo.com/

Includes:

Parralels desktop 6
Divvy (first 10,00 bundles)
1 Password
MacUpdate Desktop
DVDremaster Pro
MacDVD Ripper 2
Hands Off!
App Tamer
TechTool Pro 5
Civilisation IV
A Better Finder Rename

Finishes in 2 weeks time.

I think TTP6 is shipping soon so if that's a reason to buy check you can upgrade.

I wonder with the new App Store if we'll see much of these in future. Macheist have missed their annual slot. OTOH all the apps that require root access that can't be sold through the store might form the basis of future bundles.

I think TTP6 is shipping soon so if that's a reason to buy check you can upgrade.

I wonder with the new App Store if we'll see much of these in future. Macheist have missed their annual slot. OTOH all the apps that require root access that can't be sold through the store might form the basis of future bundles.

Yeah, I was wondering about MacHeist the other day, hopefully they'll do something soon, I really enjoyed the last one.

for me getting PD6 at the price is worth it

Hi, no one has brought this up and I have never bought from MacUpdates before, but I see that if you buy 3 you get 1 free, thus costing $150 for 4 = $37.50 each - Saving of $12.50 each.

Is it not a good idea for a few people to come together and buy it? We all save, and can still have the bundles registered to our individual names.

Or is this not allowed?

I almost jumped at Parallels Desktop until I thought for all the times I'd use it, there's Virtualbox, which is free

Interested in 1password as been tempted for a while. Also currently use VMWare Fusion 3.1 occasionally for an XP VM, but is Parallels must faster? I originally had the first release or Parallels but gave up on it as at the time VMWare was much more stable, so wondering if much has changed?

I use VMs extensively and VMWare Fusion got really buggy just after 3.0. I moved to Parallels v6 and it is much faster, especially at starting and suspending VMs as well as just running them.

I use VMs extensively and VMWare Fusion got really buggy just after 3.0. I moved to Parallels v6 and it is much faster, especially at starting and suspending VMs as well as just running them.
Thanks, this is the problem I'm seeing too. Never used to have a problem with VMWare but after 3 the whole starting/suspending became so painful that I ended up not bothering with my VM anymore.

Might go for this bundle now and give Parallels 6 a try. Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom