New Mac Book Pro - Should I buy now?

Spoonhead

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm off tomorrow to get a Mac Book Pro for my son, as he's going to Uni and needs one for his illustration course (that's what he tells me :D)

Is the 15" 2.4 model the best to get?

I know they got updated in June, so there probably won't be an update before he goes, but with Leopard not out until October, would it better to hang on, on the slight chance that they might offer the upgrade free.

Thanks for your help

Gazza

If he has a place then I'd suggest trying to get the educational discount sorted first and save quite a few quid ...

Jon

A little bit off topic, but out of interest what Uni is he thinking of going to?

Andy

Does anyone know when the free ipod promotion for students will start or if there is going to be one, I am in no rush to get my MBP but have been told that the best time for students to buy is around August/September, however if there is no promotions I guess I will hold off till leopard.

I'm in the same mind starman0147, when or if the offer starts I'm buying. If it doesn't start then I might buy or wait till leopard. I've tried calling apple and they just said they don't know :(

Andy

Does anyone know when the free ipod promotion for students will start or if there is going to be one, I am in no rush to get my MBP but have been told that the best time for students to buy is around August/September, however if there is no promotions I guess I will hold off till leopard.

It would have started a long time ago if it was going to happen this year. I remember last year it was online in July. There's really not much point to Apple putting it up at this late stage as many people (like those in this thread!) have already gotten things lined up for next semester.

I think with the new ipods being announced in the next couple of weeks (5th sept AFAIK) it doesn't make sense to run the promotion over here so late compared to the US ...

Jon

Well thats a bit poo. I was waiting for the offer to start. Guess I'll stick with my mac book till leopard comes out.

Andy

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom