• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New M&K M7 system - in need for cable recommendation

Reclus

Standard Member
Hi all
I'm new to the AV world and have recently bought a MK M7 system with SB12 subwoofer. The amp I chose was Pioneer LX55. Ive started looking at speaker cables and subwoofer cables and found there are far too many choices out there in the market. Would you guys give me some advice? My budget isnt too tight but am not planning to buy sth that is too high end. Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Nice little set up you have there :thumbsup:

For cables I always use these guys...Chord Speaker Cables - Speaker Cables - Page 1 - HiFiCables.co.uk

I normally use Chord cables now as there not silly expensive, unless you look at the signature/sarum range, well built and do the job.

It really does depend on budget and how much you need but if its fairly low then the Chord Leyline 2 would be fairly good. I use that for the rears on one of my systems where I required 20m of the stuff. On the fronts I use the carnival silverscreen which has a bit thicker jacket and even at £5ish a meter isn't too bad!

I would also advise having Chord Banana plugs fitted when you buy especially for the amp end as it'll make things much much easier! :lesson:

Reclus

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply !

I was thinking of inakustic and QED for the subwoofer, what do you think?
However I couldnt find a dealer that sells inakustic here...

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom