New Lumia 920 - some questions

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by wigwam12, Feb 28, 2013.

1. wigwam12

wigwam12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Okay so I have a new Lumia 920 and am playing.
    I have set up 3 email accounts and have linked them into 1 inbox.
    But is there anyway I can easily visually see which account the email is from such as a coloured tab (diff colour for each account)?

Also ala Android is there anyway I can get the Calendar Live Tile to show multiple items either a fixed number of items (say the next 3 irrespective of how many days between them) or say the next 3-4 during the next 7 days?

The calendar thing is to help knowing where an email is from and the calendar because I really miss being able to glance and see the next few events as I could on Smooth Calendar.

Also I can't find an easy way to get to wifi and airplane mode on/off other than scrolling to settings etc etc?

Thanks

2. Jakeway

Jakeway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    There is an app (cant remember its name) which allows you to pin the settings you want. You then just tap the icon and you'll deep in that settings page, as it stands there isnt a away for an app to change phone settings, for safety reasons.

I am unsure about emails as I don't use linked inbox's... seem like an overlooked aspect they could let you set colour like in the calendar. Maybe you can set two different sigs ans then you hit reply it would say at the bottom.

As for the calendar, when you set an event you can outline tell me XX hours xx Days in advance. I think that may then show show up soon on the icon. I am unsure that is how it worked on Windows Phone 7 as I used to have some evens sit there for a good while before the event.

3. wigwam12

wigwam12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks - I found a setting app so it is one tile click which is fine.
    Apparently the calendar - can't do it. Will have to buy a paid app as otherwise it is 24hours ahead only and it seems 1 event in the tile.

Can't find anything for the emails either.

Annoyingly unlike Win6.5 even I can't seem to be able to set different volumes for ring tone and notification, alarm etc.
    One volume for the lot

4. Jakeway

Jakeway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    There is a different volume for calls, but that only shows up on a call.

Microsoft has a website of suggestions, many of them did make it into WP8 and things like volume and notifications have been high on the list. So I am sure many news things will come with updates.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  5. wigwam12

wigwam12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks.
    Yep I saw that about notifications and apparently 2 major updates are due in Easter and July

I have had to get my first handset replaced (will be done early next week) as it keeps locking up.
    Found an app that shows me a week schedule via 1 tap so that it good and otherwise once the volume is sorted I will be happy man.
    Having the Metro arrangement for Mail would be excellent as I still am a little irritated by the All Mail not knowing which account from thingy (small detail I Know)