NEW Lumagen Radiance Pro 5348 Announced..

I’m not sure if this is coincidence, I don’t actually think it is, but the streamed films I’ve seen since I’ve had the 5348 installed have all sounded pretty close, or should I say, just like disc quality!!

love + monsters
Stowaway
Without remorse

I normally avoid streamed films when I can as the audio feels neutered, but all of a sudden they’re all sounding awesome!!

although I will admit, I watched a quiet place on disc this week, my system has genuinely never sounded better than it did watching this. I’d seen it 3 time previous, but not once before had I jumped as much as I did this time. The quake has definitely helped, and it was the first time I’d watched it with the trinnov in place, so all these things would have contributed, but I’m now sure that the 5348 is definitely adding to the audio experience, my room really is sounding incredible. 👏🏻

I am delighted that I'm not in the minority any more saying that associated components and power supplies make a difference to analogue AND digital. When I move I will go back to separate spurs star earthed back to the incoming supply for the electrics, I could only do a bit of this in grade I listed house and the cinema room on the second floor ;)

but all of a sudden they’re all sounding awesome!!

The Trinnov, the 5348 and the quake, so not much of a change really. :rotfl:

The more listening I’m doing, the more I’m convinced the 5348 is adding to the soundstage.

as I’ve mentioned previously, streaming content has always been an issue for me, to the point I normally avoid streamed films in my cinema and always opt for a disc (or should I say Zappiti).

however, in the last couple of weeks I’ve found myself watching more and more streamed content, without ever thinking the sound feels neutered.

Surely this can’t be coincidence? I’ve now watched at least 6 streamed films and all of them I’ve felt very pleased with what I’m hearing. A combination of Disney, Netflix and Amazon.

The more listening I’m doing, the more I’m convinced the 5348 is adding to the soundstage.

as I’ve mentioned previously, streaming content has always been an issue for me, to the point I normally avoid streamed films in my cinema and always opt for a disc (or should I say Zappiti).

however, in the last couple of weeks I’ve found myself watching more and more streamed content, without ever thinking the sound feels neutered.

Surely this can’t be coincidence? I’ve now watched at least 6 streamed films and all of them I’ve felt very pleased with what I’m hearing. A combination of Disney, Netflix and Amazon.
Thats all very nice mate, how does repair shop sound?

Just a note here for those with 5348 units.

If you have firmware 031521 or earlier then when doing your next firmware update please use the following method.

1: Pull power from scaler

2: Re-attach power and within 5 seconds of doing so send the firmware update. The unit will still be in standby but the update will go.

3: Once the update is complete pull the power from the scaler again for ten seconds. DO NOT try to power it up until you have removed the power cable for ten seconds.

The above method cleans out all past boot up code and is required for a nice clean installation. After you have done this you should be fine updating in normal manner going forward.

Thanks

Crikey I'm sure he meant well o_O

He never told me he'd posted it! I haven't even seen that...hope i didn't say something stupid!
Nothing stupid, but I specifically liked your impression of the lens memory shifting noise 😂😂

Perfect response from Jim
Garry:

Thanks for sending the link. Gordon does a good job explaining the process in layman terms.

Cheers.

Jim Peterson

Last edited:
Cracking in depth video With Jim Peterson from Lumagen and Murideo. Really good usful hints and tips good information from the slideshow. And happy 20th birthday lumagen👍

Last edited:
Nice video from kris Deering from his exceptional home theater with the lumagen explaining the lumagen aspect ratio and auto aspect detection shift cool stuff

Nice lumagen demo from the guy at dreammedia. Apologies to all who find this guy irritating 😁

Nice video from kris Deering from his exceptional home theater with the lumagen explaining the lumagen aspect ratio and auto aspect detection shift cool stuff

Where do I get one a small Lumagen like Kris has? (20:06 minutes in).That would be ideal.
Don't need any switching, just DTM.

Where do I get one a small Lumagen like Kris has? (20:06 minutes in).That would be ideal.
Don't need any switching, just DTM.
That is the 4242C. Exactly the same as the 4242 but in a compact case. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom