1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Lion King "Platinum Edition" DVD

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by steroid, Mar 19, 2003.

1. steroid

steroid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. Hareraiser

Hareraiser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's top of my ordering list but I don't find it necessary to order it six months in advance so will leave the press of the button until late September

3. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Apologies to any who are already aware of this but I thought the fact that this film was finally being released on DVD deserved a bit more publicity.

Take a look at this thread as updated by Sandi over at Disc Emporium for the lowdown.

Now all I want is a release date for Aladdin and I'll be an even happier man. :smashin:

4. Haemorrhoid

Haemorrhoid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For those that don't want to go off to another thread it is being released in October

5. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    There have been several Lion King threads posted over the last couple of days, some were deleted, the rest are merged here...

Here are the specs for Disney's new 2-disc The Lion King: Platinum Edition DVD (which streets on October 7th - SRP $29.99)...

Taken from Digital Bits:

The set will include the film in anamorphic widescreen (1.85:1), with audio in both Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1. The transfer will be THX certified. You'll be able to view the original theatrical version of the film, plus an "extended" version which includes the newly-animated song Morning Report (originally created for the Broadway show). There will be a featurette on the making of the new song, 3 deleted scenes (Bug Football, Hakuna Matata and Warthog Rhapsody), an all-new music video, a sing-along track, 4 set-top games (The Lion King Personality Profile, Rafiki's Three Gourd Monty, Timon's Grab-A-Grub and Pumbaa's Sound Sensations), the Disney Animals featurette (on the animal inspirations for the characters, hosted by Roy Disney), the Storymaking Magic featurette (on the origin and influences behind the story of The Lion King), behind-the-scenes footage, character and computer design footage, African art inspiration footage, newly-recorded interviews with Elton John and Tim Rice, a "virtual safari" with tour guides Timon and Pumbaa, a behind-the-scenes look at the Broadway show (including an interview with Julie Taymor and interactive explorations of the masks, costumes, people and puppets from the show) and more.

This information comes from multiple retail sources, and so should not be considered official until Disney makes their grand announcement (watch for that soon).