New Links Course: Plantation

MarkR

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would let people know that the new course 'Plantation' is now available for downloading at a cost of £2.99.
Haven't played it yet, downloading at the moment.:D

Cheers for the heads up mate :)

dont download it!!!!

should be free like other maps on games etc.

no way im paying for dlc after £40 for the game,£40 for the subs and £30 a month for broadband.im disgusted and im no cheapskate its just wrong.

i read on the xbox forums that the next 2 maps for rainbow 6 you will have to pay for.

no way im paying for any dlc.:mad:

up yours m$ :thumbsdow

fair point but...

It is only 3 quid
It is a great course

I have loads of 'free' demo discs that come with a £6 (!!!)magazine. They are all crap.

I have some £40 games that have been played less than 6 or 7 hours.

Links only cost £20 throughout January when I suspect most people got it from Game - I did.

It is only an option. No one is forcing anyone to have the course, and 3 quid to get even more enjoyment out of a game is alright by me. I'd rather they offered it for a small fee than not offer it all.

:)

Links 2 will probably be pay per hole. :rolleyes:

£1.99 for the front 9 and another £1.99 for the back 9.

You'll probably have to pay course fees as well :laugh:

Calm down Chad, calm down, this is doing your blood pressure no good, take a bit of advice from Dr Manic and make sure when RS3 DLC is out you pay your monies as otherwise if others download it and u dont you wont be able to join their games and we need you man:( WE NEED YOU SOB SOB. :suicide:

Matt

I am with chad on this, as I have said b4 this is the start & the more people buy the DLC the more the game will become chargeable DLC. I can see us paying £40 for the game to get online then paying to download any levels.

Trouble is we will all end up paying for it because of pressure to play a game with your online mates someone will have a downloaded level/map & you won't be able to join them.

It will be the future of all gaming unless we stop buying the content.

To be fair, there will be no 'peer pressure' to play a game if no-one's playing it, which they won't if costs too much to play. I like the idea of a game's lifetime being extended beyond what it was originally, and the only way thats likely to happen is if someone gets paid for it - these people don't work for free you know.

The only thing to watch out for is if developers become lazy, deliberately making a game too short and then charging for the additional content. Economists would argue that no-one would buy the crappy short original game though, and so no market would be created for the additional content.

Totally with you on that one Lorenzini, I have played RS3 to death since its Nov release I believe it has given me massive value for money and as u say if programmers add content and if theres a demand why shouldn't they charge for it. After all we all know the initial DLC is a taster to get people interested in the concept. It is a business after all not a charity.

Some good points so far.

I love Links so I have paid for the new course and it's worth every penny IMO. However I'm now not so keen on Rainbow Six so I will be in the minority and won't be paying for any new maps.
And it won't make any difference whether I do or not as I think Live has a big enough user base now that most will pay for DLC.

The only thing to watch out for is if developers become lazy, deliberately making a game too short and then charging for the additional content.
This may well happen :(

It is a business after all not a charity.
True and none more successful than MS.

It's an option and one I think that will become more and more common in the future.

BTW the new (FREE!) maps on GRIT are brilliant :)

I love Links so I have paid for the new course and it's worth every penny IMO.
Shame i wont be on live for a week or two i was looking forward to this :(

For anyone who does decide to download it give yourself a bit of time.
At 6639 blocks it's far from small :eek:

Damage Inc, I really can't understand why your getting so angry about this, the way I see it is this:-

£30 for broadband - Nothing to do with Microsoft, take it up with BT instead...

£40 for Xbox live subs - At less than 80p a week to use Microsoft's excellent live service is a bargain IMO (done better than any other console ever, and a damn sight better than rival Sony's effort with it's console)

£40 a game - Besides the fact that you can pick up most new games for £29.99 from Amazon.co.uk and some other places (goes for the live subs aswell), this price is for just the game... perhaps you could tell me what other games company/s give away free levels/maps for many of their games on a regular basis after they're released or on any basis (or even have any extra levels/maps available at all)

I think Microsoft should be given props for regularly givng away free levels/maps, aswell as giving you the option to buy even more levels/maps (at a very reasonable price) instead of putting them together and releasing them as a full price game in 9 months (EA anyone?)

Regards,
Iain.

i know, i know call it pmt if you like.

now ive calmed down a bit i suppose a small fee to enhance the longevity of a popular game is no bad thing.cheaper than a £25 add-on pack (like pc)

so to recap,if its a game ive put the hours in on and enjoy immensely and its a reasonable price ill buy into it.

toddles off to boot up links and dl the new course with tail between legs.

hurrah!! I feel a tournament coming on.....

Don't look at me!! I've no idea how to do it, and I've not played a links tourny yet.

Does someone who knows what they're doing fancy getting it going. How does it work? Is it knock out, or 4 R18 ?

Whatever's fine with me:clap:

Bring on the challengers:suicide:

So Chad we will have that game soon then I hope?

The new course is superb a real challenge, it's very hilly which means being more careful from the tee than usual.
I've only managed a -15 so far and need some more practice against real opponents (apart from zapp, cheers for the tutorial mate!) but Live seems very quiet at the moment....

:)

If anyone's interested, there is an active, enjoyable tournament on the uk.games.video.xbox newsgroup. Its a stroke play, weekly affair, now into it's third week, and the fourth round, which starts Saturday, has become 64 player due to over-subscription of the 32 player rounds.

If you want to join, go to the newsgroup and look for a thread entitled 'Links UGVX Round IV', post your Gamertag, and you'll be sent an invite by the host FourFootOne (is invites only competition). May keep you going while waiting for the AV Forums league to get off the ground...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom