New Line ditch "Snappers"

KBDVD

Established Member
Reaction score
Good news for all who hate Snapper cases.

According to "The Digital Bits" New Line have decided to discontinue the use of these cardboard monstrosities in favour of the more widely accepted Amaray case.......not before time too!

I suppose that the writing was on the wall as New Line have used Amaray's for most of there recent high profile releases.

As New Line are a subsidiary of Warner Bros one can but hope that this will mean Warners too will ditch the snapper at some future point.

Shame that this comes at a time when yet another design is starting to appear....ie..the "slim pack" eg: Panic Room! :mad:

KBDVD.

Originally posted by john87
Snappers are class in my opinion.

Indeed, sometimes I get a DVD out and just end up opening and closing the snapper case for 2 hours instead of watching the movie.

Originally posted by groundy
Indeed, sometimes I get a DVD out and just end up opening and closing the snapper case for 2 hours instead of watching the movie.

Wish I had thought of that before watching Gosford Park.

oooo I can see it now..................

Snapper case, How do you open yours :D

I dont think i can add anything constructive here.......maybe the snappers will go to aussie land.......then when they come with bubble padding, we can call them rice crispies! :D

ad

I've never had a problem getting the disc out, and I think they look better than the plastic versions.

But you need to wear a clean suit with them to avoid them getting damaged!

ad

Snappers are the work of the Devil :devil:
Death to them all HA HA HA :D

I liked snappers for the reasons given on the other thread about damage to DVD's in amaray cases. Oh well, its damaged discs all round then, but nicer (sic) packaging. Great. Nice to see common sense is not dead.

It still amazes me that someon cant have a case which doesnt damage discs! I fancy the idea of some sot of flt badding on the inside of cases (at least where the dvd sits).

ad

:D how on earth did I manage to type that!? I'll blame the pixies i think!

on a side note, any queries on my typing should be forwarded to gringottsdirect! :D

Has anyone else ever edited a post this many times within 30 seconds of posting!?

ad

LOL just laughed me balls off over the last two posts :)

I love these forums :D

I dont think i can add much more to be honest here! I have been here for over 1100 posts and thats the first laugh i have induced! :p

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom