New LG SL10YG Owners

beerglass007

Hi

I cant see an official LG SL10YG owners thread, so going to start one here

beerglass007

Has anyone got this soundbar and a LG C9 TV ?

I've played around with some youtube ATMOS and DV and it doesn't play correctly, should this bar support AMTOS from the youtube app ?

beerglass007

nobody got this bar ?

sagaris99

nobody got this bar ?
Youtube, both on browser and on the TV, doesn't support Atmos. 2.1 at the most.
Best way to est atmos is to download the Dolby Access app.
Ensure the bar is connected with HDMI, from HDMI ARC to HDMI ARC. In sound settings on the TV, sound output, ensure option under HDMI ARC says 'Auto', not 'PCM'. When playing atmos content, the front display of the bar will tell you its playing atmos. You can also use the soundbar remote 'i' button to tell you what sound format is playing

beerglass007

Youtube, both on browser and on the TV, doesn't support Atmos. 2.1 at the most.
Best way to est atmos is to download the Dolby Access app.
Ensure the bar is connected with HDMI, from HDMI ARC to HDMI ARC. In sound settings on the TV, sound output, ensure option under HDMI ARC says 'Auto', not 'PCM'. When playing atmos content, the front display of the bar will tell you its playing atmos. You can also use the soundbar remote 'i' button to tell you what sound format is playing
Ok thanks.

beerglass007

Liking mine a lot

Seanzy00

Anyone with the SPK-8 speaker set, could you tell me how the integration with the bar works? How does 5.1/7.1 sources work? Is the rears simply for extra output or will they have discreet channels and feed given to them from the bar? I'm not asking about atmos/dts:x. I'm referring to the other formats. ie DD+, TrueHD, DTS-HD, etc.

beerglass007

I've not got the rears but wouldn't mind hearing from others

Madlil

Standard Member
I have the rears on my SK9Y soundbar and they make a massive difference. For standard Dolby digital and DTS they create genuine 5.1 and with Dolby Atmos this is taken to the next level. The overall sensation is one of being immersed in sound and at £149 I think they are essential. If you do get them it is essential to turn them up to a minimum of 4 using the app or soundbar volume settings.

beerglass007

Has anyone noticed a problem when using Hey Google commands. It turns the bar into WIFI mode and then when you turn the TV on is still in that mode and doesn't see the HDMI and turn the bar on when the TV comes on. A real pain

Intenso

I just managed to snag a deal with Richer Sounds for this soundbar at a whopping £300 off as I had bought an oled TV from them last week (which I also price matched :) ).

I thought £599 for the LG SL10YG was just too good a deal to miss out on...

beerglass007

Has anyone noticed a problem when using Hey Google commands. It turns the bar into WIFI mode and then when you turn the TV on is still in that mode and doesn't see the HDMI and turn the bar on when the TV comes on. A real pain

Intenso

Yes, this bar is a little tempermental. I've noticed that if I use any source on the bars HDMI1&2 inputs when I then go back to Arc it loses Atmos. I've managed to get it back again by resetting the Panasonic Viera link setting but will need to figure out how to fix this. Otherwise I like the sound especially with Atmos programmes.

I have the rear speakers arriving on Friday so it will be interesting to hear what that brings. For the money I've paid this is fine. I can't imagine that one of the top end Samsung bars would justify the extra money over the LG...

Edit; The bar seems to not like an android box that I use. When thats unplugged everything works as it should...

Last edited:

filmopolis

Novice Member
Relatively new owner of this, hoping to add the rear speakers at some point. I like much about this soundbar so far, which like I guess a few of us has been a purchase based on fitting with the convenience of a room layout, perhaps keeping a partner happy, while lamenting the loss of a traditional 5.1 set-up. My main issue so far is that I cannot hear any sense of height at all with a low reflective ceiling, not seated far from the bar at all. I have a 4k blu ray player and sky Q plugged into the bar, and then bar to an LG C9 OLED. I was reliably informed to get Atmos, which the bar says it is getting ok, you need to put the sources into the bar, and not the TV. I'm aware you can turn the height channel level up, but I would still say no real sense of overhead sound / Atmos that other reviewers have said they experienced.
Would also appreciate hearing any seasoned owners advice on recommended settings. Most seem to recommend ASC, and some recommend setting Neural X on via the app. Any other tips out there? Thanks.

frogyzq

Standard Member
ALL LG's soundbars and SPK8-S rear speakers bass management flaw
The sound bar not realize bass management to SPK8-S rear channels . It's simple to test it, run Dolby Atmos test tones (7.1.2) and for every sound bar channel the subwoofer make some bass (the bass management ), for the rear channels (SPK8-S channels) sub is mute, no bass management. I repeat the test using 7.1 Dolby Surround test tones and the results are the same. This is a MAJOR flaw in LG's soundbars because SPK8-S rear channels has no deep bass at all. Please LG fix this behavior. Sorry for my poor English (not my principal language)

I've just ordered the LG SL10YG from curry's and picking it up tomorrow. Any feedback/issues from those who have had this soundbar for awhile please?

beerglass007

I've just ordered the LG SL10YG from curry's and picking it up tomorrow. Any feedback/issues from those who have had this soundbar for awhile please?
None love mine

Only slight problem is when shouting Hey Google it turns to wifi and sometimes doesn't return back to HDMI or ARC

None love mine

Only slight problem is when shouting Hey Google it turns to wifi and sometimes doesn't return back to HDMI or ARC
I have no intentions of using Google Assistant as I feel like an idiot talking to myself. 😁

I only have two 1m hdmi leads spare that won't reach, so had to order a 3m one online for arc. 😔

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Laser Projectors, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon

Trending threads

Latest News

QDC Blue Dragon earphones on sale in UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TV licence fee now applies to over 75s from 1st Aug
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
New H.266 video codec promises 50 percent data saving
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Toshiba launches UL20 4K HDR TVs from £299