1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New LG Plasmas...... 42RZPX11 still worth buying ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Daipac, May 4, 2005.

1. Daipac

Daipac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Typical isn't it ? As soon as you buy something new, the new version is released ! LOL !

:rolleyes:

It looks like the new 42PX4DV is going to be released VERY soon. Also, there is the PX12 which seems to be in circulation too.

With these new models being released, is the PX11 still a good deal ?

I assume the new versions are going to be much more expensive too ?

I am more than happy with my PX11 that I had last week, can sometimes be a little annoying tho when you see the new models coming out straightaway. Saying that, if you tried to keep up with technology your bank balance would be permanently crying !

;)

2. LEEMJONES

LEEMJONES

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Exactly.

If we tried to buy the newest version of a product all the time or put off buying something incase a newer model came out none of us would have a PC!! Buy a PC and two weeks down the line a higher spec monster is out for less money than what you paid.

Ive got the PX11 mate and I think its outstanding, had a few mates round last night to watch chelsea get what they deserved and everyone walked out saying they want to buy one. I think too much time is spent worrying about Hi Def future proofing from what I read on here, but no one is 100% certain what is needed anyway.

The PX11 is cheap and stunning in my view so Im not gonna lose sleep over a new model coming out.

Still a bargain!

3. Daipac

Daipac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Totally agree mate ! At the end of the day, I paid £1299 for my LG and have a 5 year warranty included ! There is no chance of getting that deal with the new screens so I am more than happy !

:D

I bought mine from John Lewis but I have noticed that there is a black 'speck' behind the glass. I phoned them up and they said that they would deliver a new one on Friday ! TOP SERVICE !

:smashin:

PS Awesome result last night and great to see Jose Mourinho's face at the final whistle !

;)

4. Mike Beds

Mike Beds
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    This is the one thing that looks crap on my LG - football. The pitch looks dreadful, lots of diff shade greens clashing!

Runnning off NTL through RGB scart.

5. Daipac

Daipac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I watched the football on it last night, just through an aerial from NTL and it looked awesome !

6. Daddy k

Daddy k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,345
    ok this goes against the theory of calibration etc etc and this will help those who have dodgy looking footy pitches and jaundice looking faces, but u may notice this panel produces a green tint,
    i recomend go into the user csm and reduce the green to around -25! then reduce the red and blue to even it out a lil,use ur eyes to judge the blue and red, i recomend keeping an eye on the whites to judge this
    ie mines blue=-8 green=-28 red=-10

give it a go

7. richiecas

richiecas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Guys
    Just wondering how far you sit from your PX11 and what size/layout your room is?

8. Daipac

Daipac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have my PX11 in my bedroom. The room is 12" x 10" and the plasma is on the wall at the bottom of the bed so it is around 10" away from where my head is.