New LG OLED55G16LA 55 Inch OLED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV won’t switch on

OldValveSet

Novice Member
Hello all and thank you for accepting me in the Forum.
Took delivery of my present to my wife, hung it on the wall, plugged it in and excitedly pressed the button on the remote. Apart from the power light blinking off briefly and lighting again nothing happened. No click, noise, or screen flicker. Zilch. Tried with both the remote and the button on the tv. Just the single blink. Tried connecting aerial, a USB flash drive. Tried different extension leads and different outlet sockets. All this over a long period of power on so I’d have expected any initialisation to have taken place.
Can anyone tell me please if this is unusual, or if I’m not doing something to wake up this expensive black hole in my wall?

OldValveSet

Novice Member
Hi All, a follow-up. I could sense your head scratching and given no-one replied I imagined that it wasn't 'yours truly' at fault. Returned the TV to the shop and it was with some relief that the chap tested it and it still stayed dead. He was no wiser than I, so now we have no TV but a picture hung, covering eight plugged holes in our wall until I get the replacement!!

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom