New LG home cinema system - LHRH7601A

brittar

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to these forums, and looking for a decent all-in-one DVD player to accompany my Pioneer 436XDE.

On the LG site, the spec of the LHRH760IA,and the LHRH9601A look very good, but I was wondering if anybody has any info on when they are likely to be released in the UK, and if so, any idea on prices?

Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

http://uk.lge.com/prodmodeldetail.d...=02&modelCodeDisplay=LHRH760IA&model=NOTHING#

Thanks mate :thumbsup:.

I e-mailed LG to ask them, and they told me that both the 7601A and the 9601A will be available late August/early September. They couldn't give me an idea on price though as they don't sell directly, but I'm estimating around the £600 mark. Still definitely worth it IMO because the spec on both look great.

Thanks for the info brittar! They do look good, will have to wait until they come out and see what the price is b4 making a desicion on what av gear to buy i guess, as from spec it does everything i want, but am not sure about LG products actual quality, as have never used them before. Are they generally any good? Would like to get some ideas of how well put together their systems are and whther the soundstage is well balanced also. Anyway, will find out in september i suppose.......:)

The LH RH760IA is showing up on web searches in France and a few other countries. In France it is 900 Euros which converts to appox. £615.00.
As for LG products, I have a 37" LCD which is great and a 9900 Upscaling DVD player. The build quility on the DVD could be better, the DVD tray is very flimsly, but the picture quality is great.

Thanks for your info leaky5, just gonna have to wait and see when they come out i guess. looking forward to a demo just hope they live up to the wait.

Just read a review of LG T7601A (£330) in What Home Cinema (Sep issue). Must be very similar to the one you speak of! It got caned. Only got 2 out of 5 for sound and overall 76%. I was thinking of waiting but gonna get a Panny 855 instead! Good luck.
If you are in WH Smiths its on page 74 to save you hunting through.

Agree with the comments regarding not so great reviews......

The power within the sub/amp combo (think similar to the beloved BOSE lifestyles) is key to the ability to comfortably drive the systems.

Living in Kuala Lumpur and heard the 700W and the 1000W versions yesterday...

Local pricing is 200 quid for the 700W and 280 quid for the 1000W version.

The LH T96561A sounded so much better, but seriously for what they are offering...and if you arent finely tuned into the aesthetics of home cinema sound, then its a great starting point....

Also heard SONY and Panasonic and YAMAHA all in one's and thought the higher power systems were significantly clearer in sound - even at mid volumes.... I did prefer the LG system overall though, to be honest....

Secondly, great for parties - simply hook up the iPod/PC and you got yourself a full playlist in a system that to a much greater degree will enhance compressed music formats....no match for good audio components though....

Cheers....:devil:

Cheers....

Thanks for the info guys. I'll take a look at What Home Cinema, but 2/5 is really quite poor isn't it?

Ah well, back to the drawing board!

Hi guys,

Firstly i would like to say hi as im new on the forums.

Straight in then.

I am currently serving in the RAF in Cyprus and have recently purchased the above mentioned Sytsem.(LH-RH760IA)

firstly the LG T7601A is not even close in quality and specs to the LH-RH760IA and i certainly wouldnt hold the 2 star rating against the 760.

I am currently running the 42LC2R LCD with my 760 and everything is GREAT:smashin: .
I have to agree with a previous comment on flimsey dvd tray (but should there ever be any pressure applied here?)

In Short Brittar dont disregard this system , admittedly i came from a panasonic setup and i wouldnt say the sound qaulity is noticeably better , but by no means is it any worse.

Aesthetically the system is a great addition to any room , especially with the tall boy speakers.

If you require any specifics Brittar (or anyone else) just ask the question.

Cheers

(and damn i wish it would rain out here)

Ben

Hi all, i am thinking of getting this system to compliment my LGPCR1D i've just bought. I actually liked the idea of the 550 which was wireless yet i can't seem to find it anywhere now.

please bare with me as i'm a total novice with all this but are the dvd players that come with these systems good or would i need to buy a dvd upscaler for overall better pic quality.

cheers

sorry for previous post.. it's the LG LH-W751TA1 i'm after not the 550. when i google search for it i get komplett website yet they dont seem to have it. any clues where else i might get this from??

Hi all

Just a note to you all saying that I have finally extracted the name of a retailer from LG who has access to the LHRH760IA. The Company is called Sevenoaks Sound & Vision. They are a franchise chain of stores, two of which will actually supply you with the LHRH760IA. The units are shipped to the main Sevenoaks store once a week on Thursdays, they then supply the branch that is actually located in the famous Harrods store in London.

Its £650 if you buy it in the Harrod's Sound & Vision store and £595 if you can talk one of the other SSV branches into ordering it for you like I did.

I hope to have the goodies within a couple of weeks and once I've got it set up I'll post a review.

Regards

I was considering the LHRH760IA but if is going for £600 then I don't see it's worth it. I'm now tempted to get the LH-T760IA and buy a recorder in future. the only things i'd be lacking are a optical in on the T760 and a active sub but i'd have saved 200-300 quid.

Just read a review of LG T7601A (£330) in What Home Cinema (Sep issue). Must be very similar to the one you speak of! It got caned. Only got 2 out of 5 for sound and overall 76%. I was thinking of waiting but gonna get a Panny 855 instead! Good luck.
If you are in WH Smiths its on page 74 to save you hunting through.
I'd like to know the reasons why What Home Cinema gave it 2/5. The spec is very reasonable, each speaker is rated 100W. the passive sub (not unlike many other systems) is rated 200W. I guess it must have performed poorly on a action film or something.
However the Samsung HT-THQ25R is only 500W with 100 watt sub so what would that get? 1 out of 5!

Two things surprise me here

LG are good but they are not, in my humble opinion, in the uppr layer of manufactureres...yet so £600 + seems an awful high price even for a recorder.

Secondly it looks like it only plays DVD+R which seems a bit poor considering most will play all disk types. My old but good Sony S550 only plays DVD-R but most later models play both

Just had a look at the PDF manual and I believe it records and plays every format under the sun apart from DVD-R dual layer. it also handles DivX, mp3, wma, jpeg and has a USB host.
It's the only all-in-one recorder I know of that has HDD, HDMI and optical in RGB scart in with 4 tower speakers.
Though I guess considering the speakers are no doubt the same models used from the T760 which you can pick up for just over £200 it seems steep when you could get an additional LG HDD recorder for another £200.
However LG usually seem to undercut the top tier of manufacturers, i would imagine if panasonic brought out such a well spec'd system they would charge more.

Good point, they would :)

It is a very well specced box and LG have worked very hard to get recognition of their brand and quality improvements. But yes, £650 is a lot

Just a quick update from me , the system is still working great , the Divx feature is very nice , and to confirm it does play almost every format under the sun.

My only grumble would be the need to turn the unit off after transfering a divx movie from flash stick. apart from that

Life IS Good!

Have you been able to make the system multi-region?
I believe some LG systems require a CD to load special firmware...

I have been waiting for a store to get this in to take a look. Personally I now think I would be better off going for a Panasonic DMR-EX85EB-S at approx. £400 and a Sony HT-DDW880 at approx. £240. I think these 2 will give all the inputs/output that I need and the speakers will probably be better suited to my room. Also the Panny has Freeview built in.
I know it is not an all-in-one set, but I think the overall setup will be better.

Does anyone have either of these 2 systems to give thier views on ?

:hiya:
Hi guys,

Just wondering, as above, whether you can get/make the Lg system multi regional? Also does the lg system have a mini dv input to transfer digital video from camcorder direct to dvd? has anone done this yet? Thanks for any info!
:thumbsup:

I don't know about this model, but my LG 9900 dvd is a staright forward handset hack. We probably won't know about this one until some people finally get it.

:hiya:
Hi guys,

Just wondering, as above, whether you can get/make the Lg system multi regional? Also does the lg system have a mini dv input to transfer digital video from camcorder direct to dvd? has anone done this yet? Thanks for any info!
:thumbsup:

I downloaded the manual, it says you can do this.

thanks guys!
right someone tell where i can get one from!

Just placed an order for LG LH-RH7601A.Got is online for €650 inclusive delivery. I could not find it in normal shop here in Holland, so I bought it mainly after reading Demisio's comments. When I receive it will post more.:hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom