Question New LG C8 55 Screen issue

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by SteveTaber, Jul 29, 2018.

1. SteveTaber

SteveTaber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi.

I have had my TV saga's the last few weeks which ended up in me taking delivery of a C8 yesterday. I had a very good C7 where I could see almost zero problems, insurance was required due to an accident, couldn't buy a C7 any longer so went with a B7. B7 left me cold, felt like a totally different TV, not sure if I had a really bad/defective copy, or if there is a difference in processing, irrelevant now. so that went back, and I now have a C8.

Very happy with the C8 straight out of the box, BUT I have noticed at low grey % the left side seems considerably brighter, by the time you even get to 5% the screen looks acceptable, but at very low levels 1%-2% the right half of the screen looks practically black, the right half looks like its trying to display 5%.

My question for anyone that can help is, is it to early to really tell? I appreciate the TV has been transported all over the country, bumped about, only been running for maybe 5 hours so far. I am aware a OLED TV needs a certain amount of hours to settle etc... but unsure if this issue is a solid issue, or may correct itself over time?

Thanks

2. lgans316

lgans316
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,918
    Please run it for 200 hours which is what I will be doing once I get my 65C8.