New LED TV arriving today; Samsung UE55F6740

Jason740

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am awaiting the delivery of the above telly today. I am pretty excited about it! I'll post some pics and do a review of it if anybody wants one. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas lol!

That is what the screen looks like on my damaged Toshiba that the Samsung is replacing if anybody is interested.

I'm interested! It's always great to be allowed to share in others joy, boys and our toys! I'm sure we all know exactly how your feeling

Steve

Im still awaiting delivery of my new toy! its so frustrating waiting! If only the retailer will pull their finger out and get it delivered pronto!

I'd be keen for a basic review (too in depth and it'd be wasted on me!)

I've been looking at the 46F6740 in the last 2 days so yeah, enjoy it and do feedback your thoughts when you get a chance.

Cheers

I will do a review when my TV is set up and running. It will go really well with my Samsung 2.1 Blu-Ray sound rig. At one time I got carried away with the subwoofer setting and the bass was so heavy (its a 500watt bass unit) it literally shook my room, and it shook my neighbour's as well!

UPDATE:

Just got the TV delivered and set up. This is not a review but a quick 'first impressions' note.
The picture kicks the hell out of my previous Toshiba LED, with NO backlight bleed and much more vibrant colours. The motion also appears smoother whereas my Tosh suffered from occasional judder. When I get the chance I'll upload some pics and do a more detailed review. So far it's looking good.

Shock horror! Just noticed a scratch on my new telly but John Lewis are swapping it over 13th May. John Lewis have been really helpful. I'll promise ill do a review once I get my replacement.

Best of luck with the next one. Fingers crossed it's a good one.

Best of luck with the next one. Fingers crossed it's a good one.

Thanks, well I'll just wait until then. But the TV has been superb. What I like most is the fact there is NO backlight bleed or flashlighting even in a dark room on a black screen with the backlight cranked right up. I'll keep you updated.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom