new lead needed

MERCURYMAGIC

Standard Member
Reaction score
wasn't sure where this should go so sorry if it's in the wrong place

I'm not sure but i think the coxial lead form my DVD to the amp may be damaged as the sound to the rear channels is intermitent and also the sound to all channels is compressed - could this be the lead?.

If it is how much would be sensible to spend on a new one. Is it worth going for an expensive one or our you just paying for a brand name.

MERCURYMAGIC said:
I'm not sure but i think the coxial lead form my DVD to the amp may be damaged as the sound to the rear channels is intermitent and also the sound to all channels is compressed - could this be the lead?.
It seems unlikely. Did it work in the past? What do you mean by "compressed"? Do you have an optical alternative on the DVD player or any other sources with coaxial outputs you could try? Have you tried switching the DVD output to PCM? Are there any problems with analogue inputs?

If it is how much would be sensible to spend on a new one. Is it worth going for an expensive one or our you just paying for a brand name.
Expensive cables (assuming your idea of expensive is the same as mine!) are always a rip-off. All the cable needs to do is to meet the required specification. However, digital audio uses much higher frequencies than analogue audio, so don't just stick a bit of audio lead in there.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom