Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

New LCD's, new technology?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Dune, May 13, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Dune

Dune

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    There have been a few threads appear recently about new models coming to market such the Toshiba 58 range, the new Samsung's and the already arrived Hitachi 7200.

Philips are to introduce successors to what seem to be regarded as the current state-of-the-art LCD's soon as well.

I know the new Philips 32 inch has some fancy new technology but I was wondering if the sets from the other companies represented a similar technological advance on their previous offerings?

I know the Toshiba sets have two HDMI inputs which a step in the right direction but the older 48 model was often critiscised for poor performance over HDMI.

So is there anything anyone has seen that they think will set the new TV's from any of these manufacturers apart from their older models and will allow them to compete with Philips?

Or are they just new sets with cosmetic changes and minor tweaks such as the extra HDMI socket on the Toshiba sets?

Dave

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have seen no evidence (yet) that any other manufacturers are going to have sufficient advancements to knock Philips off the top spot....

....we'll see.

Jimmy