New lcd tv seems to have stress lines in panel?

bukk

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have just purchased a sony 40w4000 got it home , excellent picture etc as expected but have noticed sweeping curves lines in panel in certain reflected light situations. Cannot feel them to touch and there seems to be no detriment to picture quality. Surely this isn't right though. It becomes irritating seeing them in the screen when unlit, opinions on what my problem might be are most welcome....

Not noticed before, but just turned off my 32W4000 and put all the room lights on and yes - I can see stress lines across a small portion of the panel.

At least I assume we're talking about the same thing - appears as a "rainbow" patern when viewed from certain angles?

Absolutely no effect on PQ as far as I can tell with an all white test picture, although I guess they might become apparent on top of a dark background under the right lighting conditions.

Perhaps they're all like that!

Yes i have many arcs running across screen. They don't effect picture but I can see them once tv is off. They slightly bend the light too, but so slighty that I cannot detect there presence by touch. I am concerned as to wether or not they are fractures within the plastic panel itself?

I can only make out about a 6 inch stress line, coming down from the top about a third of the way along. Will have another look in sunlight tomorrow.

i seem to have them running all around screen....

It seems logical that the larger the display, the more prone to stress they would be. Might be worth popping into a Currys and turning a few large sets off to see what you can see - and if nothing seems to be as bad I'd have thought it's reasonable grounds for rejection.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom