• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New LCD TV poor picture

theymademedoit

Standard Member
Hi,
I bought an LG 42'' LH2000 on saturday and I dont think that the picture is great. I am watching Virgin Cable (not HD) and I know that it isnt meant to be a great picture due to not being HD but is there anything I can do to improve it?
I am hooking it up via scart (cheap scart) in AV1.
Thanks,
Alan

isayisay

Established Member
Try a gold plated scart first and check your pic settings often left on a horrible pre set.Shoulda got a plasma ;)

isayisay

Established Member
I put a freeview box in my kids room and used the scart cable that came with it and found the pic a tad fuzzy around certain bits of the pic so bought a gold scart for £5 and it cleaned the image up straight away,now im not saying this will work for u but id start with my tv settings and go from there.How far are you from the tv as if your to close that can be a problem.Is your tv 1080p?as this also can mean SD broadcasts arent the best.:)

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Hi,
I bought an LG 42'' LH2000 on saturday and I dont think that the picture is great. I am watching Virgin Cable (not HD) and I know that it isnt meant to be a great picture due to not being HD but is there anything I can do to improve it?
Thanks,
Alan

Hi Please also ensure that your cable box is set to output RGB. Also check that the TV is set to RGB on the scart input (This may be automatic but may need to be set).

If you can upgrade to the V+HD box this not only provides HD and a PVR but also delivers amazing upscaled SD pictures by HDMI.

jimsan

Established Member
Hi,
Thanks,
Alan

Put a decent scart on and spend a bit of time with the settings. The main one with SD broadcasts is to set the Sharpness to 0. This tends to smooth out the swirly fuzzies.

Also knock the contrast and colour back to medium settings to soften the picture too.

As mentioned before - ensure everything is RGB.

Jimmy

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom