Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

new lcd postion ??????? help :-)

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by skull-eater, Sep 24, 2005.

Tags:
  1. skull-eater

skull-eater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    :) hi guys just need some advise whats the best postion for new telly.not worryed about fixing as im a builder so
    pic1 is easy just straight in. :clap:

pic2 is in the corner of roomfixed to wall with one of those angle brackets on ebay or suspended from ceiling on gripples and blank the corner off with a little bit of mdf on the angle to hide cables . :clap:

pic3 is my favourite option 1 fix to wall with bracket .option 2 is build a false wall and sink the tv into the new wall :clap:

with the last one whats the opion on the fire will it upset the telly eith the heat :confused:

Attached Files:

2. chriszzzzzz

chriszzzzzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Dont know about the heat. I tried mine above the fire and found the viewing angle awful for day to day use. Its way too high. I think people put them up that high for the look and not for the viewing pleasure.
    Sorry but number one is my choice, on a nice glass stand.... :thumbsup:

3. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +384
    Hi skull-eater

pic 3 would be ideal for you but it depends on how much heat your mantel piece deflects the heat how does it feel when you put your hand over there.

4. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Personally I would go for number one. :smashin:

5. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,046
    we went for option 3 and its great. You get a whole corner of your room back, which for us became our son's art corner.

Our set is a little high, and your rough sketch is very high too. But we are generally fine with viewing it. If you're sitting back in your chair, and are a reasonable distance away, there shouldn't be a big angle upwards (thats the thing you want to avoid)

We are soon to get a new TV, which will come with a free glass stand. But we'll still put it on the wall, its just the best place IMO.

try putting a bit of card up on the wall where you are planning to mount it, the same size as your planned set. Then sit back and try and watch it for a few minutes to see if it feels comfortable.

6. Smiffy 2

Smiffy 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    My living room is a tad on the "cosy" side :)rolleyes: ) and the shape of it doesn't allow me to arrange my home cinema set up as I would like.

I would dearly love to mount my LCD on the one wall I have big enough to accomodate it, but it would mean moving a door to accomodate one of our settee's and this really isn't an option.
    Damn these 1930's house designers.....didn't they envisage the future popularity of home theatre!:D
    My TV is in a corner (as in your picture 1) but I have had to wall mount my front speakers quite a way away from the screen.
    I can't even fit speaker stands either side of my small video stand!
    Overall though, I am very pleased with the results.
    Rob