New LCD Any Help appreciated

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Smallthorne Dog, Jun 16, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Smallthorne Dog

Smallthorne Dog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All, I'm new to this forum and a complete novice when it comes to audio and visual equipment and would appreciate any advice, help or opinions.

I've decided to replace all my ancient AV kit with some new stuff. I've made my decisions and posted on a footy site i use regularly about my choices. The responses have made me decidedly uneasy, as such i thought i'd ask the experts on here.

I've gone for a 37" Sony KDL37w5500 which has been bundled in store with a Sony Blu Ray player BDP-S350 at £900 for both items. I'm thinking of combining them with an LG home cinema kit LG HT503PH at £169.

I didn't get a blu ray home cinema kit, because of the cost and the fact that if one piece of kit goes wrong i can still use the other.

So far all i've done is pay a 10% deposit on the TV and Blu Ray.

Is all the kit mentioned OK, or have i made a mistake?

One final question. The home cinema amp has 1 optical out socket. The bloke in the shop told me if that is connected from the amp to the TV, and all my other kit (Blu Ray, V+ Box, Wii) is connected individually by HDMI to the telly, then everything will come through the surround sound ... is that true?

Many Thanks

SD