New laptop

bobby6712

Novice Member
Reaction score
Being able to run some game on high is not a specific level of performance, it varies significantly, so knowing about the laptop's capabilities doesn't tell you anything without knowing about the demands of that particular game.

Looking around I couldn't see any benchmarks for the football manager 3D match engine but I'm not familiar with it so I could be using the wrong terms.

There's some benchmarks here and the users using the integrated graphics on recent Ryzen CPUs submitted that medium was the best 3D setting. Although it doesn't seem to include any tests to verify that:

Don't go for the Touchscreen HP just get regular screen

Hi,

The problem with both those laptops is they have integrated graphics. It's recommended that to get the best performance with the 3D match engine a dedicated graphics card is the way to go. It doesn't need to be high end either, the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Mobile 4GB or similar would suit.

Here's two cheap gaming laptops you could consider -

Lenovo Legion 5 with FHD IPS screen, AMD Ryzen 5 4600H, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, GTX 1650, £619 at Amazon.
System performance on game-debate

MSI GF63 Thin with FHD IPS screen, Intel Core i5-10300H, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, GTX 1650 Max-Q, £549 at Box.
System performance on game-debate

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom