• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question new laptop..

Egg White

Distinguished Member
gents,

I'm after a new laptop and I'm a bit out of touch with what's what these days...

I've got around 700 notes to spend and I want something powerful and fast, I'm thinking of spec wise, something like -
screen size - 15.6 - this is a must
Screen Resolution - 1920 x 1080 - this is a must
8gb DDR4 ram - this is a minimum
storage - possibly combo of SSD, and HDD (1tb suffice)
CPU - Intel Core i5 and above
most likely a separate graphics card, something like the NVidia GeForce 900 Series..

what's the best brands, and what's to avoid?

just when searching there doesn't seem to any consistent websites to use and they all seem to have flaws one way or another (the laptops reviewed, that is)...

been checking out lenovo, hp, acer, asus, and msi...

Last edited:

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Well, £650-700 is about the entry level price for that sort of machine so you're going to have to put up with limitations whatever you go for. What are your priorities? Presumably not portability or battery life. Screen? Noise? Keyboard? Build quality?

Egg White

Distinguished Member
well, screen, speed, and reliability...

but something a bit leftfield, I've seen a secondhand Dell XPS 15 9530 withing budget with a years warranty...looks interesting!

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom