• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New Laptop or Notebook Needed For Work

skk3

Prominent Member
As above, I am starting a new sales job shortly and have been asked to source a new laptop.

I am open to suggestions and would require the following attributes:

Light
Not necessarily full size
HDMI
Ethernet
USBs
Windows 10 for PowerPoint, Word, Excel & Outlook etc.
Fast as possible
Good RAM/ROM
Long battery life
Budget approx. £300.00 or so
Not bothered about manufacturer, just performance
Guarantee?
No gaming required, just web surfing and emails
Upgradeable

I hope I have included enough criteria and would appreciate any help and advice.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I'm not sure if 'source' is corporate jargon for providing a link to the company but if you're buying yourself then I'd probably be looking at nearly new models and second hand with those criteria as the budget models available new at that price won't meet several of your criteria.

skk3

Prominent Member
I was told if a laptop's battery is above a certain size, you cannot take it into the cabin of an aircraft. Is this true?

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
A search suggests that the Americans have a 101Wh limit per battery but only the very largest laptop batteries approach that size and I don't know if anything using one battery actually goes over it. Most laptop ranges top out at around 60-70Wh and budget devices are typically 30-40Wh.

skk3

Prominent Member
Nice one EndlessWaves...

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom