Question new laptop needed

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by pesser, Dec 15, 2016.

1. pesser

pesser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    my current DELL vostro 3550 is dying cant even run 720p on youtube no more. The screen is absolutely utter poo have to sit dead on any sort of head movement the image just fades away.

was looking at the DELL xps 15 I7 and the Acer Aspire V nitro black edition only to find out that i cant seem find a decent site to buy the acer from?:(

saw the new xps 13 i7 in pc world today, its to tiny for me butt damn that screen was lush:eek:

suggestions guys, 15" a ethernet port would be nice, be able to playback HEVC files as well.

2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,113
    Well to avoid the display issues you describe means getting a laptop with an IPS display but not all laptop makers say whether the computer has one of those. Notebook check is a good site to check on at least for the models they look at the mention if it's IPS and how bright the display is, if your unable to see them in person.

HEVC support isn't that big of a deal, most Intel CPU's can soft decode HEVC mp4/mkv and the newest Intel CPU's have hardware decoders.

3. pesser

pesser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    yeah i use notebook a lot lol

stupid dell removing the ethernet port :devil:

since i couldnt find the acer any where started looking at this only find out you cant remove the battery lol Asus N752VX-GC131T Notebook Review

am i being to fussy lol ?