• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New laptop advice

bill_hicks

Standard Member
Hi,

I am looking to spend around £600 on a laptop, I don't play games apart from Football Manager 10 so graphics card isn't too important, looking for good processor and 4gb ram and longer the battery power the better.

I came across this

Intel® Core™ i5-520M (2.4GHz, 4 Threads, turbo Boost up to 2.93GHz, 3M cache)
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
4096MB 1067MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM [2x2048]
320GB (5,400rpm) Serial ATA Hard Drive
512MB ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4330

£599

Is that a good deal or anyone know a better one? Thanks

brookheather

Distinguished Member
Errr no - it has the same HD 4330 graphics card. Not sure you would need more than 2GB - but you can always buy a 2GB stick later if you do.

- Simon.

bill_hicks

Standard Member
Errr no - it has the same HD 4330 graphics card. Not sure you would need more than 2GB - but you can always buy a 2GB stick later if you do.

- Simon.

The one you quoted is a 256mb graphics card and the one I did is 512mb, I don't know much about graphic cards but just assumed a 512 would be better.

spikecast

Distinguished Member
Looking at £600 budget too. But I wouldn't touch Fujitsu with a bargepole, the build quality is awful, trust me and I've owned two and they were well looked after and have literally fallen to bits. Waste of money. Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom