New Kit For Honda Accord

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by MCB, Jan 28, 2003.

1. MCB

MCB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Real dilemma! Currently have a Honda Accord 2002. Boringly it only has the Factory Fitted Radio Cassette, which as everyone knows is a complete waste of time. Fair enough it sounds OK, but I really need to have access to either CD or Minidisc.
    Further factor is that it is a lease vehicle which I have to return in just oover 2 years, so any changes I make have to be reversible.

I guess my options are:

Replace head unit with either CD or Minidisc player (assumin that the connections in dash are ISO compatible, though I can always get an adaptor)

Get a CD Changer and connect to existing Head unit as it has Changer control. Problem with this is, Honda changer is around £250, which is overpriced, plus when I return, I am left with a useless Changer.

Any recommendations, preferably not too expensive

Thanks

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got an accord now - it already had a boot CD changer but I still added a MP3 hdd player also in the boot.

However I used to have a prelude (which I miss :( ). It had a redio/cassette as standard too. Honda wanted 500 notes to add a boot CD.

I replaced the head unit and added a boot CD (kenwood) for less than that price. this was a few years ago and the prices have plumetted since.

when I came to sell the car I made the dealer, who I part-x ed it with, remove the player and give it back to me - the new car had a boot CD autochanger so I didnt need it.

I later flogged the kenwood.

It's not difficult to take it out afterwards, and when you get the car replaced you can always get them to fit it to the next car as part of the deal. But in two years time there is probably something better on the market anyway and you'd want to upgrade - so flog the old one.

3. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    It will depend on the on the factory system fitted. If it is the Bose system you are stuck, my information is that it cannot be removed from the Car without major modification though it can be upgraded to accept a CD changer.
    The factory set in either case is very difficult to remove and best left to an experience installer.

Mark

4. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I wont be changing mine then - its a bose

doh!

5. MCB

MCB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice so far...

Mine isn't the Bose system and I jhave had a quick look at what may be involved in replacing it. Pretty much looks like you have to remove half the dashboard to get at it. Too much hasle maybe. Probably easier to change the car!!

6. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    It's not quite half the dash. The radio is bolted in behind the dash and as you can see the panel around the radio extends around the clocks also. The panel has a couple of screws then is held in on metal clips, these are extremly tight and the panel is easily broken or damaged while removing it. The use of proper trim tools and a soft rag is highly recommended.

Mark