1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New KEF range

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by pcookie, Oct 1, 2003.

1. pcookie

pcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Went to the Heathrow HI-FI show last sunday. Bit of a disappointment compared to last year as most manufacturers seemed to be reluctant to display much of their av stuff (except speaker manufacturers). At the KEF demo of their reference speakers (very nice, but HOW MUCH!!!). Anyway as I was listening to the wonderful sound around me, I started to look at the wall chart of up and coming ranges and noted that they are introducing 2 new KHT ranges above the 2005.1 eggs. Next up inthe range will be the 5000 range which are more like the B&W VM1's. The sub looks nice as well. However, the price is £400 more than the eggs and looking at the specs, there's no difference, so it looks as if you're paying through the nose for cosmetics. Above that is the 9000 range which use components from the reference stuff. Looks like the competition need to polish their act up. Incidentaly, speaking of the B&W VM1's, Sony's new DAV range now sport very similar looking speakers. Imitation is the sincerest etc...