Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

New KEF Q4 Floorstanders - Anyone got / heard yet?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by EasyTiger, Dec 8, 2003.

1. EasyTiger

EasyTiger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am thinking of replacing my exisiting bookshelf speakers (Kef Chorale 3 - Mid 80's! but heavily customised) with something new. The problem I've got is not room size (4m x 6m x 4m) but placement - they have to go tight against the telly (32" PF2) in a corner.

I am thinking of the new Kef Q4 with the new centre Q6c, as they are small enough for what I need. I will be pairing these with a Rel Q150Mk2 sub so don't need big boom boxes.

I know I should demo these against the full range (Monitor audio, Quad, B&W, Wharfedale) however they have all been veto'd on WAF reasons:nono:. So it looks like these 'baby' speakers or nothing!

Anyone got / heard these yet?

2. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Have you thought of Q1s / compacts on stands rather than Q4s - they seem a bit of an odd concept to me and will not be at ear level unless you sit on the floor. I can recomend both Q1s & compacts and I'd definitely demo these against the Q4s knowing how poor the Q3s were compared to the Q1s

3. overfloe

overfloe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think the Q4s are OK.. the Q3s are a bit short for the ear level & Q4 seems to fix that