1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New KEF Q4 Floorstanders - Anyone got / heard yet?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by EasyTiger, Dec 8, 2003.

1. EasyTiger

EasyTiger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am thinking of replacing my exisiting bookshelf speakers (Kef Chorale 3 - Mid 80's! but heavily customised) with something new. The problem I've got is not room size (4m x 6m x 4m) but placement - they have to go tight against the telly (32" PF2) in a corner.

I am thinking of the new Kef Q4 with the new centre Q6c, as they are small enough for what I need. I will be pairing these with a Rel Q150Mk2 sub so don't need big boom boxes.

I know I should demo these against the full range (Monitor audio, Quad, B&W, Wharfedale) however they have all been veto'd on WAF reasons:nono:. So it looks like these 'baby' speakers or nothing!

Anyone got / heard these yet?

2. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Have you thought of Q1s / compacts on stands rather than Q4s - they seem a bit of an odd concept to me and will not be at ear level unless you sit on the floor. I can recomend both Q1s & compacts and I'd definitely demo these against the Q4s knowing how poor the Q3s were compared to the Q1s

3. overfloe

overfloe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think the Q4s are OK.. the Q3s are a bit short for the ear level & Q4 seems to fix that