New Kef Q11 and Q10c speakers

EasyTiger

Standard Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• q11_q10c.jpg
    q11_q10c.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 801
Hmm, interesting. I notice that the uni-q main driver is the smaller dia. (130 vs 165mm). Package as a whole is not much bigger than the Q9C. Extra 5Hz extension would be welcome, I find that the Q9C lacks that little bit of weight.

Anyone know why this is US only ??

Monsters!!!

:eek: I have heard this center and it is a fine center that sounds not any different than q9c. I believe kef had alot of complaints from america about the fact that the q9c was diffilcult to place or fit on tv stands. or on top of the tv! it features legs and it bulkier. so this is why the us got this model , it is flat on the bottom and can sit flat. why kef is not marketing this to the rest of the world doesn't make any sense. now the really odious thing about this center is the price. where as the q9c costs 350.00 us dollars this beast costs 600.00 and it is not worth it at that price. the q11 though is worth it as it is only one hundred a piece more than the q7! a proper price gradient for certain. many dealers in the states will not stock the q10c because of it's outrageous price in comparison to the q9c. smart marketing would have made it one hundred more in price not 250.00 more! anyway I immediately emailed kef and asked them why this was so overpriced. you should email them to ask why it's one overpriced in comparison to the rest of the q series and 2 why it isn't for sale anywhere else. www.kef.com support section .. do it and perhaps they will listen.

Greetings from the San Francisco Bay Area!

My home theater consists of the the Kef Q7s, Q9c, and Q1s for surrounds. I'm using a somewhat puny Denon 2802 to power the Kefs, but I plan to upgrade the receiver eventually, my plan was to buy enough speaker up front and worry about the receiver later.

That new Q10c center channel looks very interesting, but I wonder if it's worth the extra money, I can get it here in the States for approx. $450. I'd probably be lucky to sell my 18mo. old Q9c for $100...my question is would the Q10c be $350 better than what I have now...I've always questioned Kef's decision to put just one driver in the Q9c, and was told by them that the Q9c is all I'll ever need....but that was a year ago and now I see a big bad Q10c on the market.

What do you gents think...should I ditch my Q9c and upgrade to the Q10c ???

Regards,
Sean Lewis
San Ramon, CA

HI Sean L , greetings from the good old UK :D Would it be possible you could get a home demo of the Q10c? Its really the only way to tell if its worth the massive expence.

Would it be possible you could get a home demo of the Q10c?

Not sure about a home demo, but I should be able to audition the Q10c side- by-side with a Q9c in one of the local Hi Fi shops. Before I bought my current Kefs I auditioned them locally but actually bought them online at a 30% discount.

Thanks.

If its anything like the UK you wont get any online discount on Kef stuff now :(

after I went up to denver and searched these out I kept looking for other stores who had them. few would carry the 10c due to it's high price in comparison to 9c. anyway a dealer hooked me up with a deal and cut down the price (the guy knew me) so I went ahead and bought one. the 10c is clearer than the 9c without a doubt , and it is able to withstand being placed between the much larger q11's (which are totally awesome speakers) and hold it's own. the 9c was overwhelmed in the shop when those much larger 11's were playing. If you are going with q11's then it is a must to have the 10c, q7's etc didn't seem to overwhelm the q9c. the q11's sound is also much clearer and the bass is tighter.. I never liked the q7's that much ,due to a what I thought was a muddled bass.. so I bought q5's instead . at the time had q11's existed I would have bought them instead! anyway the q10c does really open up the center channel position and that's saying alot when you realize that the 9c is a excellent center speaker. so yes it is a better center channel speaker than the q9c it sounds about 20% clearer to me. but unless you have the q11's you are still well off with the 9c.. but if you can afford to upgrade then it's worthwhile... it's just not imperative unless you have the q11's... :beer: cheers unfortunately I will have to wait till next year to upgrade to the q11's ..... it all comes down to money....... :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom