1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New JVC AV32R25

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Phil.LFC, Jun 5, 2002.

1. Phil.LFC

Phil.LFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Have just seen this TV in Comet for £900. I've been waiting for this model to come out for ages as I'm using a 14" portable at the moment which ain't too good for the footy!:(
    The 28" version has been out for a few weeks but I want the 32".
    I'm going to have a thorough test of this TV tomorrow at my local independent shop (Comet are useless - they wouldn't even hook it up to a DVD for me; Currys are the same):mad:
    I'll check the picture via an RGB sorce as I've read reviews on here and in HCC magazine which seem to find a problem with a dark picture via RGB. It is going to have to be quite bad though to put me off now as I'm really p***** off looking for a new TV - is there a perfect TV out there?!!:confused:
    I don't believe there is, so this looks like the best bet so far. I did have the JVC WFT1 which had an excellent picture but unfortunately it had to be returned as it had a fault on the tube. This model is now discontinued. The new model does look a lot better in my opinion. If it performs as well as the WFT1 I'll be the proud owner by this time tomorrow hopefully.:D
    (if the shop have got the AV32T25 in as well I'll go for that one instead as it is Nicam as opposed to Pro Logic. I think it is meant to be £100 cheaper too so that would be a better buy as I have sound via an amp, of course!)
    Will report my findings here.:)

2. bubbleguff

bubbleguff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know if you've got one near you but Costco have just got the AV32R25 in, excellent price at 704.99 inc VAT and also includes their standard 3 year guarantee. I was after the T25 as well and was going to pay about 730 but when I saw this I snapped it up ..

The TV has a neat dubbing function that allows you to direct input from EXT 1, 3, 4 and TV to EXT 2. This is handy for me since my VCR doesn't have external AV connections. I can now connect my camcorder to the front AV in and dub it through the TV to my VCR on EXT-2.

I'm over the moon with it. I only have a VCR and DIGI box connected, the picture seems fine to me but thats just my opinion. I haven't read about problems with RGB (probably won't either because if I don't know about it it won't bug me!)

3. Phil.LFC

Phil.LFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Thanks for the info. My local shop now say it won't be in until next week:rolleyes:
    Are Costco a mail order company or do they have shops. If they're m/o I'll wait (see my other post about Which? magazine)
    until it's in stock locally as I want to test the TV before buying.

4. bubbleguff

bubbleguff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They're a wholesaler with warehouses dotted around the country, check out their website, www.costco.co.uk. I don't think they do mail order but best check with them.

Good luck with your purchase anyway, whichever model you decide on...

5. MLAM

MLAM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Hey Phil,

Just wondering have you got the TV set yet?

6. Phil.LFC

Phil.LFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    MLAM,
    NO. :mad: :mad:
    My local shop said today that JVC have now got the TV's in ready for despatch to the shops but they cannot send them yet as they are waiting for the stands!:(
    JVC are advertising this TV as part of a World Cup package with free DVD's of previous tournaments. The offer runs out end of June! Useless or what?
    I have read more favourable reviews of the 28" version of this set in this months What HiFi and What TV & Video. Both give it a Best Buy badge.
    I'm desperate for a new TV and this sounds like the one for me but I just can't get hold of one.

7. Oblivion

Oblivion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Same problem with my Tosh spooky :)

Paul

8. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't they send it out without the stand and charge you less?

The stand was awful in my opinion. All plastic with a bit of metal. :rolleyes:

9. Oblivion

Oblivion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Squirrel God

:eek: 09:24 PM :eek:

Paul

10. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know - scary :eek:

Question was directed to Phil not you :D Otherwise I'd be a psychic man :eek: