• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

NEW Jailbreak Firmware 2.2.1 (Windows QuickPWN)

J7MAN

Anyone done it? Safe? I'm on o2 so not fussed about locking issues.

J7MAN

Let me know how it goes mate, itching to get it done.

J7MAN

My iPhone keeps kicking itself into safe mode so the sooner I update it the better.

J7MAN

My 3G's all done fine. Whats these bootloaders? I take it I didnt need them?

hutch

Distinguished Member
Remember Quickpwn is ONLY for if you dont want to unlock your phone. If you want to be able to unlock with yellowsnow you must use Pwnage/Winpwn.

Messiah

Remember Quickpwn is ONLY for if you dont want to unlock your phone. If you want to be able to unlock with yellowsnow you must use Pwnage/Winpwn.

Quickpwn has an option to Unlock the iPhone. What is the difference between that and Yellowsnow?

hutch

Distinguished Member
Thats only for the 2G iPhone, Quickpwn will not unlock the 3G.

If you Quickpwn a 3G iPhone using the new firmware then Yellowsnow wont work and you will be stuck with a locked phone until the Dev Team work out how to hack the new baseband.

Messiah

Ah thanks. Only have a 2G phone so did not realise that. But hope to get a 3G one at some point so noted. Cheers :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom