New ISP

Member 328449

I've asked this sort of thing before but I am now finally moving house so I will need a new ISP when I move in. I've just cancelled my Sky account as I don't use the TV with it so it is pointless. Here are my requirements:

- I am not in the LLU/calbed area (and won't be for a long time)

- I download between 200Gb and 400Gb a month (don't mind if most of this is done off peak)

- Cheap as possible

accyuklad

Banned
Last edited:

Member 328449

Might just go back to Sky. Seems like whatever I get is going to be low spec.

triplea4uk

I don't think non llu services allow that much to be downloaded every month that would cost them a fortune.

Are you sure Virgin cable isn't available in that area because that would be the best choice.

Member 328449

I don't think non llu services allow that much to be downloaded every month that would cost them a fortune.

Are you sure Virgin cable isn't available in that area because that would be the best choice.

Of course I am sure. No cable, no LLU.

Before you do so you may want to read the comments on these forums about the speed of Sky Connect.

Well I've been on Sky connect for about a year (with a 40Gb) limit and I do get slowed right down between 1700 and midnight but apart from that I download at full speed, and generally do 200-300Gb a month. It's not ideal but so far it's the best option I can find.

accyuklad

Banned
even tho o2 say unlimited they be same as sky were u get slow after 4pm i think it is or 6pm till 12am i think sky is just same and other isps be like that

beerhunter

Distinguished Member
well o2 do non llu and think its unlimited
O2 Home Access is indeed unlimited. However before anyone signs up for them they may want to read about recent concerns that Home Access may be going the way of Sky Connect. Additionally they have recently announced Traffic Shaping on that product.

accyuklad

Banned
ye i so they traffic shaping p2p torrents to stop heavy users slowing down net pages etc but i doubt that will make any difference to there servers maybe if some was on non llu o2 could leave some feedback if they improved on the service but you could try looking on o2 forum

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
My understanding is, Sky Connect now have a strict 10gb per month usage limit, if you exceed this you are forced up to the Sky Unlimited LLU service, if the LLU is unavailable, you will be issued your mac code and told to find another provider.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom