New iPod touch

did you get it from the apple store in the trafford centre? didn't have any when I was in the other day.

No, Manchester Arndale (which I think is a much better store too) BUT the Trafford Centre store I can confirm had them in today and will have tomorrow.

Stu

did you get it from the apple store in the trafford centre? didn't have any when I was in the other day.

All Apple stores received their stocks for opening yesterday afternoon after the launch event ... I guess that Apple are keen for people to experience the touch screen interface and think about buying an iPhone too !!

Jon

Yeah, its an outstanding piece of kit. Too bad the storage is the achilles heel.

You can bet they'll update it in the future with a built in hard drive. Look at the original iPod.....released 5 years ago with a 5GB HDD. 5 years later, the iPod is thinner, and capable of holding 160GB.

Well, I would not bet on that. There are several reasons why Apple doesn't use hard drives for the ipod touch:

1. The Multi-touch UI would not work that fast and smooth like with flash
2. The big screen with his high resolution would need a much better battery with a hard disk (better battery=more expensive and bigger size)
3. The glass used for the display generates a lot of heat, a hard disk couldn't work very well under such circumstances in the long run, so Apple would need more cooling for the device (results in bigger size, more energy consumption and probably even a noisy device when it's cooling down)

Sorry guys, but you won't ever see a iPod touch or iPhone with a hard disk!
Flash is the future for portable devices like mp3 players, cell phones, notebooks and pdas

Played on my mates Touch last night and its an incredibly impressive bit of kit :thumbsup:

Cover flow is a dream and the touch interface is a real joy to use, even typing number and letters on the screen works great and ive got massive sausage fingers.

One thing he just couldnt get working is the WiFi, he tried at his house and work and could get it connected and couldnt get it connected to my home network with WEP enabled either, it picks up the network but just cant seem to connect.

I'm getting an IPhone personally as I already own a 5G 80Gb IPod but the touch will sell well.

Played on my mates Touch last night and its an incredibly impressive bit of kit :thumbsup:

Cover flow is a dream and the touch interface is a real joy to use, even typing number and letters on the screen works great and ive got massive sausage fingers.

One thing he just couldnt get working is the WiFi, he tried at his house and work and could get it connected and couldnt get it connected to my home network with WEP enabled either, it picks up the network but just cant seem to connect.

I'm getting an IPhone personally as I already own a 5G 80Gb IPod but the touch will sell well.

Took me a while, but all it was is that, in the settings you can change it so you can have caps lock on/off with one press. What i was doin (cos my wfi password is all caps) was i was pressing the caps key assuming the rest of the letters would also be in caps(not just the one next key press). So basically I was typing the first letter in caps n the rest in lower case.

Wifi works a dream now :)

(Hope that made sense!)

Does google earth work on the ipod touch like on the iphone ?

I'm going to wait and see what the coverage of EDGE will be like in Manchester before deciding on the iPhone - if it's any good I'm having one :smashin: If it isn't... I'll probably still have one!! Ish.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom