1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new ipod photo?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by ipodstudio, Feb 22, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ipodstudio

ipodstudio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Speculation is rife about a new ipod photo after Apple apparently asked dealers to return their remaining ipod photo stocks to them... :)

2. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I'd speculate (and it is purely my own speculation) - but is it not about time Apple had a little delve in the PMP market?

Could see it beinng linked with MPEG4 and Quicktime?

3. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Apple's take has always been that portable video just doesn't make any sense, whereas portable music does. I tend to agree - but then I have zero need for a PMP.

Then again, Apple always say these things are a bad idea, right up until they release a product that hits the spot, at which point they claim that they've fixed all the issues, and their solution 'just works' :)

Witness the iPod Shuffle - I remember Steve Jobs saying flash-based players are pants, and just end up in the kitchen draw once the first set of batteries are dead. Then again, I guess that as long as it's an Apple product that ends up in the kitchen draw, they'll be happy :lol:

Cheers, Carl.

4. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0