Quantcast

New ipod Nano has scratched screen

splinters69

Distinguished Member
Bought a green 8gb Nano a few days ago and have had it out of the box for one day. However, i noticed today that the screen has scuffs on it and looks like it has been used for months. Is there something wrong with the screen or is this normal? I have ipod touch, ipad and iphone. None have this problem; it hasnt even been out of the house yet.

bpsmith

Take it back and get it replaced. Should be pristine when you open the box and no marks whatsoever!

splinters69

Distinguished Member
I think it was pristine mate when I opened it but it really hasn't been anywhere or rubbed against anything to warrant the scuffs and scratches. It seems to have got them overnight. They really are bad for a brand new ipod.
I got this from HMV who were clearing them out at £69.99 (Green colour only). It was sealed as far as I could see and unused. As I have ipods, pads etc. I am not used to screens scratching like this. Nothing has rubbed against the screen (other than the earphone cable). I thought all ipods had scratch resistant screens now.

Anyway, I packaged it all up as new and I am taking it back tomorrow....unfortunately they don't have any more stock of the green. Would I be better off taking to an Apple authorised store like KRCS? There is one in town.

Top Bottom