1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New iPod and looking for Good Headphones!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by bjamez05, Jan 4, 2005.

1. bjamez05

bjamez05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got an ipod and was confused on what headphones to buy. My limit cost is $100. I would also like nice bass. Any suggestions would be GREAT!!! These will be portable becuz i will be taking them to school and all around wherever i go.

can u get nice sounding bass out of ear buds?

2. ipodstudio

ipodstudio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bjamez05, there are many out there, but the Koss Porta Pros are cheap and decent portable headphones for an ipod for what you're describing.
    Depending on how you term "good bass" you can get some earbuds with decent bass, too: the Shure's spring to mind.
    Check the headphone and earbud galleries HERE to see what's out there, first and go from there. Those galleries contain almost every headphone and earbud currently made so it's a good starting point.
    You could aslo take a peek at the Grado line of SR headphones; the SR60s are well spoken of in their price range and often liked by those who listen to more rock-type music.

The Sony eggos as they are known have plenty of bass and may also suit your needs.
    Once ou've got a few pairs in mind, I'd recommend taking your ipod down to the shop and testing a few if ou can. There's no replacement for actually hearing them yourself....Good luck! :smashin:

3. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Take a look at the Sony EX71 or the Shure E2c. Both are good for the money. Both are very portable, will keep out noise (the E2c keeps out a LOT) and are handy phones to use. The EX71 has more bass, but sounds harsher.

A decent view of the two phones on iPodlounge: http://www.ipodlounge.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33948&highlight=*x71+review
    Another comparison on Head-Fi: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=43756
    Another view of the EX71: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46623

In fact, you can find tonnes of feedback on the MDR-EX71 and E2c on www.iPodlounge.com (all matters iPod of course) and www.Head-Fi.org (for all matters headphone related). Do a search there and you'll have a lot to read about.

4. Matthew J Taylo

Matthew J Taylo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in a simialr boat to bjamez05 having just recieved an iPOD mini from the good wife (Santa).

I would like to demo the Shure's 2 & 3 but I'm struggling to find anyone who demo's these higher end canal phones in London.

I was in the Apple store on Monday (along with half of the UK I'm sure!!) & demo'd the Sennheiser PX200 & the PMX 60's & both seemed great for around £30.

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD212 Pro but I find these too bass heavy (not tight enough for me)

Does anyone know of a shop in London that demo's the Shures &/or has any experience with the Sennheiser's above?

Cheers
    Matt

5. ipodstudio

ipodstudio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, extremeleydodgy posted some good review links there.

Here's another good one which I forgot to add in my first post. :smashin: