New iPhone in 2010 Rumours (all discussion here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkyspider

It would fit the past apple release schedule. My money is on early June. I hope they have been working hard on battery technology.

chubsta

Novice Member
I would be extremely surprised if they werent working on a new one, and given the previous release schedules i would imagine that it would probably be in the final testing phases for release in June.

Thats why i never get 24/18 month contracts with phones, its just too long...

Jase Winter

I'm upgrading to the 3GS at the end of December knowing full well i'm more than likely to be selling it to fund a probable new model come June......

mossym

Distinguished Member
that'll keep the people on 18 month contracts that are going to expire soon signed up!! they'll be waiting to get the new one...

RobM

Distinguished Member
that'll keep the people on 18 month contracts that are going to expire soon signed up!! they'll be waiting to get the new one...

That's me, that is :)

My contract hits 18 months at the end of Jan, but I bought a 3GS on PAYG not long ago, so I will sit tight and see what happens.

You can't be surprised though, as you have to be an almighty dope to not catch onto the fact that June seems to be the favoured release time.

bbasra

this is why i only bought a iphone 3gs 16gb knowing full well i'd be buying the new iphone shortly after its out and the jailbreak has been released and the bugs ironed out. :D

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
OK its only rumours, but seems like testing is starting. 8 months from a new iphone ??
Maybe :confused:

I do secret product testing for Logitech. Sounds about right. Testing will probably be longer than 8 months, they will have been working on the next iPhone for months, even years, already. It takes a few months for manufactures to build up inventory levels. If fact, they will most likely have at least sketch ups and ideas for the model to follow that. The rumours tend to start when production, they are impossible to control with so many third party component manufactures and factory involved once hardware is finalised.

Last edited:

bbasra

will you keep doing this every june LOL :D

Most people on this forum will be doing this every june. :rotfl:

I don't bother upgrading the handset anymore and just opt for a discounted line rental instead and buy the phone outright. Kind of works out the same but at least you're not tied into a 18/24 month contract.

jdappz

Standard Member
Hmm, can get a upgrade today too, i dunno if i should wait! Would it be worth the wait, ahhhhhh! decisions!

Fuzzmo

This will always happen and Apple have always done this year after year. All I can say is that the 3GS is the best phone I've ever had and you will not be disappointed!

Kieron

Distinguished Member
This may be the iTablet being tested.....

mossym

Distinguished Member
Kieron said:
This may be the iTablet being tested.....
That's a good point. It is supposed to be very similar to the iPhone just bigger so similar software would make sense

mossym

Distinguished Member
/////AMG said:
Greeat, just bought a 3GS too.
Same here, but not disappointed. Whenever you bought one there was always going to be a new one coming

No1Joker

Do you think the iTablet would be part of the iPhone/Touch range? If the iPhone is progressing in the manner the articles are explaining, then a change of brand/new product would be out of sync.

D

Deleted member 171211

Do you think the iTablet would be part of the iPhone/Touch range? If the iPhone is progressing in the manner the articles are explaining, then a change of brand/new product would be out of sync.

It needn't be part of the range but it could be running the same OS, which could explain why it shows up with a similar version number scheme to the iPhone. I'd also expect it to contain a SIM card, for always on connectivity, as is the iPhone.

oasismark

Distinguished Member
I've just had to give up my 3G, and have a crappy nokia PAYG as i wait for the new iPhone.

Gonna be a long wait, i just hope its worth it, cos i didnt thing the 3GS was worth the wait.

UEF

I think an awful lot of providers are waiting for someone to make the first move... perhaps even Apple included. Consumers are gonna be a bit more tech concious this summer than they were previously, and hopefully data rates are gonna be included seriously on all networks.

pez_555

id like to see the next iphone as small as the ipod touch, with the silver or black case like they are currently.

i definitely want to see it smaller thats for sure.

will be getting this on payg on release for sure.

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
i definitely want to see it smaller thats for sure.

As long as the screen does not get any smaller and performance is not compromised.

Other than that, the only things i would really like to see in the next version are;

* A relaxation of the multitasking policy. At least so that we can take a call/message without closing an app.

* Better GSM radio (signal) performance

* Improved battery

* OLED screen (i will be very surprised if we don't get this)

I'm not bothered at all that i got my 3GS a couple of months ago. I would buy one today again if i had to. It's been in a case and screen protector since day zero and iPhones hold their value well, so i will sell it and upgrade if its worth it.

oasismark

Distinguished Member
What features would you like to see in the new iPhone?

1. Personally i'd like a flash for the camera!
They should make the apple logo flash, now that would be cool.

2. FM Radio

3. Multitasking

I'm sure you techy guys have a massive list, but i cany thing of anything else!

Just speed everything up really.

biggy7

its got to be something special to keep up with the HTC HD2/Hero type phones.

but Apple being Apple, even if they change a few things (like they did to 3GS) they will still sell out, purely because of the name!

ive had the iphone 3G for 17months or so and ive never put one mp3 or video file on it lol, the lack of multi tasking has forced me to move onto a HTC Hero which tbh is very good. The browsing on the iphone cannot be beaten though, smooth as silk and very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Magico announces Titan 15 subwoofer
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Ajax Systems adds UK Socket to expand smart home options
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published