New iPad Wont Sync!!

TC-18

I have just been given a iPad for my 21st birthday and turned it on to be greeted with the connect to itunes screen and once i have connected it, it wont sync or set up, it just stays on the same screen!!

This is a brand new ipad with engraving so i dont want to have to have to send it back after waiting this long!

Im running a the latest version of Mac 10.6 and the latest version of iTunes, i have also rung apple support who are rubbish and spoke to me like i was thick and sounded asif she as laughing at me all the way though the phone call!! :mad:

any help would be much appreciated!

EDIT: i have tried different docking cable and my iphone syncs fine

Last edited:

Theydon Bois

Working from memory here but can you see that the iPad is charging when it is connected (top left corner)?

If you start your Mac, then plug the ipad in, does it launch iTunes and get seen by iTunes?

If not, launch iTunes, then plug the iPad in, what happens?

Does the iPad turn off and on ok?

TC-18

Working from memory here but can you see that the iPad is charging when it is connected (top left corner)?

If you start your Mac, then plug the ipad in, does it launch iTunes and get seen by iTunes?

If not, launch iTunes, then plug the iPad in, what happens?

Does the iPad turn off and on ok?

Thanks for your reply.. It was charging turning off etc just wouldn't come up in iTunes to register, I managed to get it working by plugging it into my girlfriends mac and setting it up there :thumbsup:

It now works with my mac and I can now sync :thumbsup:

Theydon Bois

Excellent. :smashin:

Trending threads

Top Bottom