New Install advice..

freddie123

Novice Member
Ok looking for a little advice/help from you good AVF sat members.

Just getting my garage converted and will be looking to put a DM/V+Duo in there. Now at the moment i have a 1m motorised dish and 60cm dish used for sky.

The 1m dish has an 1 input lnb, i have just ordered one of these though. HERE. The 1m dish feeds my DM8000 in the house and i was looking to add a 2 LNB input so i could also run the 1m dish to the garage and a DM Etc out there. Now i take it i'd probably need to keep one box in stand by whilst using the other? As 2 boxes can't run 1 dish?

Also i'd probably run a feed from my 60cam dish also to the garage, if i went for a 1 sat tuner box then i'd use an A2B switcher box (which i already have).

Now can anyone advice on a better way to set this all up? Or advice in general? Main problem will be garage is at the end of the garden so i'd say i would be looking at 40/50m of cable from dished to sat box.

Thanks

you could use one of these
Aerial Switch : Aerial Splitters : Maplin
dish cable in, cable out to each receiver.
use the switch to switch between receivers and each receiver will drive the dish independently.

Regards
freddie123

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom