New in Wall Centre Speaker

nrw267

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

We are looking to build a new centre TV wall to which we are want to put in an in wall centre speaker.

At the moment we have a Dennon X4300h AV unit running 5.1 Acoustic Energy Evo speakers from about 10 yrs ago and a pair of Q Acoustic Qi165C speakers which are going to be fitted in the ceiling above the rear sofa.

We are looking to keep the AE's just to replace the centre.

We are looking in the price range of about £350ish
A few that I have looked into are,
Monitor Audio W250-LCR
Monitor Audio CP-WT240-LCR
Q Acoustics Q Install LCR 65RP
All about the £250-£300 price range

Does any one have knowledge of these or recommendations that we could look into?

Many Thanks
Nigel

I strongly recommend keeping the front three speakers from the same model range to preserve timbre. When you say in wall do you specifcally mean speakers that are designed as such or just putting a standard speaker in the wall?

Yes I have heard that the fronts should be from the the same model range but the Acoustic Energy’s have a good sound and it would seem a shame to change them.
Yes I’m looking for a specifically designed speaker to go in the wall.

Using a different brand inwall centre will give you a visual and sonic mismatch,in the past I tried different brand centres and even the same brand but different model range and was never happy with any.
IF you have your current speakers set up try using without the centre this may work for you and may be the better option than a mismatched centre.

Martin

Yes I have heard that the fronts should be from the the same model range but the Acoustic Energy’s have a good sound and it would seem a shame to change them.
Yes I’m looking for a specifically designed speaker to go in the wall.
All very well liking the AE's current signature but that would easily become disappointing if a different signature comes from the centre. When the soundfield pans across the front array it must do so smoothly and be consistent. Mismatched timbre could bring a really annoying drop or peak to the centre.

As above either keep the current speakers and do not have a centre or get a matching set for the front.

I too am considering the Q Acoustics Q I LCR 65RP to go in a TV wall but can't find much in the way of reviews. Would it marry up well with the QA 3050i's, 2020i's and SVSpb2000?

Currently my poor 2000 ci is inside shouting round the gaps in the TV, with the gain turned up it sounds surprisingly okay but the higher frequencies are suffering.

Alternatively I could just cut a slot for it I suppose.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom