New improved set-up..

thelegendofyrag

Novice Member
I decided a long time ago i was going to change to a wooden unit as i started to feel the glass stand looked abit untidy.

I always like the look of some of the Ikea units and decided on the Besta ones.

So this is what i used to have:

And now the new units. One 120cm and one 60cm Ikea Besta units.
Samsung 40" TV
Sky +
XBOX 360
Samsung all-in-one surround sound system.

Things for the future:

Onkyo Amp
Blu-ray Player
New 5.1 speakers

And a Floating wall. I was going to mount a bracket into the current wall so the back of the TV sits flush with the plasterboard.

The missus think a floating wall would be better but i was not sure how it would look as it won't be able to quite be the length of the units.

So here's the pictures:

All comments welcome :)

ajwatson

Novice Member
Couldn't agree more with you on the glass stands looking untidy nice choice of wooden one :thumbsup:

Hopefully ill be changing my glass one to a wooden one soon, if the mrs decides on a good dam colour scheme for the livingh room lol!

Ive got the same surround sound as u, how do u find the sub sitting on wooden floor? Mine vibrates the floor to much?

KelvinS1965

Distinguished Member
That's a nice tidy stand now, compared to the glass one. I really feel that hidding the cables is what makes a setup look professional.

Is that dark coloured wall painted with 'Tailored' as it looks like the screen wall in my living room? :D I have the same Ikea uplighter too, so you're in good company. :thumbsup:

s_inman

Looks Good! IKEA make some very good looking units at great prices :thumbsup:. Does your 360 have plenty of air movement as I think they tend to get rather hot?

thelegendofyrag

Novice Member
Couldn't agree more with you on the glass stands looking untidy nice choice of wooden one :thumbsup:

Hopefully ill be changing my glass one to a wooden one soon, if the mrs decides on a good dam colour scheme for the livingh room lol!

Ive got the same surround sound as u, how do u find the sub sitting on wooden floor? Mine vibrates the floor to much?

I've never noticed vibrations. It's always been on the floor.

That's a nice tidy stand now, compared to the glass one. I really feel that hidding the cables is what makes a setup look professional.

Is that dark coloured wall painted with 'Tailored' as it looks like the screen wall in my living room? :D I have the same Ikea uplighter too, so you're in good company. :thumbsup:

It's a Dulux feature paint - intense truffle. :smashin:

Looks Good! IKEA make some very good looking units at great prices :thumbsup:. Does your 360 have plenty of air movement as I think they tend to get rather hot?

I was a bit shocked earlier as i went to change a game by the amount of heat coming from it! When i get a amp i'll be making sure they'll be plenty enough room!

BISHI

I would move your 360 mate as there doesn't seem to be a lot of room for air to circulate around it and you could be setting yourself up for the dreaded 3 lights..... looking good though :smashin:

thelegendofyrag

Novice Member
looks really good, nice and simple.

Just one question: Doesn't the radiator right behind your sub worry you?

Yes it does it's the only place i can put it though :( when i upgrade i would prefer to put new one next to my sofa by the window then i can route speaker and sub wires behind the skirting together.

As my current speakers are wireless i don't see the point in pulling my skirting off just for the sub.

Greg Zepplin

Novice Member
Wow that looks cracking mate, when I first opened the thread I thought oooh dear at the glass unit but it's all looking proper slick now!

...And I know i'm getting old when I want to say, hey, I LIKE that floor! :rotfl:

thelegendofyrag

Novice Member
Wow that looks cracking mate, when I first opened the thread I thought oooh dear at the glass unit but it's all looking proper slick now!

...And I know i'm getting old when I want to say, hey, I LIKE that floor! :rotfl:

Cheers Greg i wanted wooden units since we moved in last year but the missus wasn't keen so went with the glass unit as we have glass table and coffee tables.

MrMister111

Cheers Greg i wanted wooden units since we moved in last year but the missus wasn't keen so went with the glass unit as we have glass table and coffee tables.

Im trying to tidy up all my cables and setup, can I ask how you hid all your cables? mine are all over the place, I have to have my Wii in the side AV on my TV as I use component for 360. they are sort of lying on the back of the TV
any hints please much appreciated

cheers

thelegendofyrag

Novice Member
Im trying to tidy up all my cables and setup, can I ask how you hid all your cables? mine are all over the place, I have to have my Wii in the side AV on my TV as I use component for 360. they are sort of lying on the back of the TV
any hints please much appreciated

cheers

All my cables are just down the back of the unit with an extension lead fixed to one of the drawers.

If it's cables from the tv you mean my power, hdmi and component all pass down behind the centre bit of the stand. There is a cable tidy things on the tv which holds them in place.

So the only cable that can be seen is the scart atm.

Regarding your Wii, when i had one i just used the normal red and white and yellow cable as my 360 is also component.

ahaydock

Nice :D

DrWise

Banned
lovely set up

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom