New Humax PVR-8000T Software 1.00.13 on web site

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by bluebear, Aug 26, 2004.

Tags:
  1. bluebear

bluebear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you thought the Humax couldn't get any Better... :cool:

You can download the new version PGTTF 1.00.13 from the Humax web site (Must Register & Login first)

http://www.humaxdigital.com/hcsa/download/products/PVR-8000T.asp

This version will sent Over-The-Air on Friday 27th Aug till Mon 30th Aug or you can do it yourself if you have a serial cable...

Software version PGTTF 1.00.13
    Loader version h3.08
    System ID 15b3.0000
    Last updated 06 AUG 2004
    Release Note
    Fixed Problem and Additional Function

1. Addition to the record function; You can now record Radio programmes.
    2. Improvement to the instant record function; You can now select different lengths of recording time by pressing the Instant record button multiple times:
    30 mins
    1 hours
    2 hours
    3 hours +
    3. Improvement to the instant record function; While recording is in progress you can extend the time by pressing the Instant record button.
    4. Accessing the EPG Guide While recording is in progress it is now possible to access the Guide allowing you to view or reserve.
    5. Deleting Recordings The Default PROTECT option has now been change to DISABLED.
    6. Reserving recordings It is now possible to overlap recordings. You can now set the same time for the end time of one recording and the start time of a second recording.
    7. Reserving Daily/Weekly recordings For Daily/Weekly recordings the Dates are now displayed correctly.
    8. Reserving recordings
    It is now possible to record programmes next year as the Year Date is now recognized correctly.
    9. 16:9 Display problem Both Menu and Guide are displayed correctly
    10. Favourite Lists Radio channels are now displayed correctly in the Favourites lists.
    11. TP information The TP information is now displayed when searching for channels.
    12. Dual Mono function support. Audio language descriptor: if 2 different languages are available they are saved as Left & Right in Flash Memory.
    13. SPDIF output Improved the SPDIF output control.

Regards,

Bluebear.
    :thumbsup:

2. pr1uk

pr1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sounds good to me i will be getting that down over the airways tomorrow

3. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Just done the update by cable.

On the surface, there doesn't appear to be much change, but delving into the menus shows up the differences.

Radio recording works
    The variable time instant record function works
    Delete protect is now disabled. Pressing delete brings up an 'Are you sure you want to delete' type choice box. Pressing the delete disable/enable button enables delete protect, from where it has to be deleted in the normal way.

I couldn't remember what other changes had been made, but so far so good.

:thumbsup:

4. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I wish they would improve the now/next interface. The Sky system is obviously superior where you can scroll different channels while watching one. The Humax is a great machine but let down by this.

If you are settled in for a evenings TV and it's getting to the end of a half hour program you have no way of seeing what other channels will be showing next without going to the epg. This is a major design flaw IMHO and I hope they improve it for the 9000 which I will be looking to upgrade to for the twin tuners.

5. pr1uk

pr1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    getting there now next upgrade perhaps a padding for recordings i.e a one set up to add say 5/10/15 minutes to every recording so you dont lose the end of programes.

as said getting there roll on next upgrade

6. pr1uk

pr1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just noticed after the upgrade i turned the box off and twice it frooze and needed a hard boot i.e mains plug out and in the restart it !
    also noticed the guide had gone and it had to reload it all (taking forever) as anyone else had any problems after upgrading.

update edit
    Just tried it again
    i.e. on and off and it all seems well again it starts and the guide is still there, perhaps even when it looks finished installing software it carries on moving data about and that caused the problem

Another update
    NO i turned it off to walk down shop came back turned it on and nothing had to hard boot again. also all the guide had gone so its downloading again (slowly) there does seem to be a problem when turned on and off
    "anyone else finding this"

7. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'm downloading it now as it didn't auto download last night.

8. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Had to reload the epg but no crashing problems. Hard drive seems noisier though, or maybe it's all in my head. Maybe it's accessing it more at the mo while the epg updates.

9. damole

damole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I just manually started the automatic download if that makes sense, it didn't happen last night. Everything is working fine although at first the EPG for BBC1+2 were incomplete and so I guess possibly other channels. I just checked half an hour later and it was all there.

I recorded something from the radio sucessfully using the 1/2 hour record time.

The main problem I had before which was the bottom of the menu not being displayed on my 16:9 tv is now fixed, most annoyingly this used to happen whilst using at the guide and so at first I never saw the couloured buttons.

I agree 'now and next' as part of the list menu would be nice

Great work Humax!

--aidan

10. mhd

mhd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I turned on my Humax PVR8000T this morning and was greeted with the message 'New System Software is available. Do you want to upgrade?' Naturally I clicked 'OK' and now all I get is the message 'Error Code: E-ID'.

When I press stand-by the message 'Loading Version h3.08' is briefly displayed and then 'Error Code: E-ID' is displayed again.

I guess I will have to find some cables to hook the Humax up to my PC and try upgrading through the RS232C port.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Does anyone know if I can upgrade the firmware via PC while the existing firmware appears to be locked into this loop?

11. pr1uk

pr1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The problem i seem to have is if i turn it off for awhile (just on and off quickly seems Ok) it freezes when turned back on. After a plug out and in it fires up with the loading software etc again not the normal hard drive thingy but a loading. I wonder if the software as installed properly all i know was i started the manual download and left it and the software version seems right also i tried to download again but its the same so will not do it. This is being a real pain as i cant turn it off without a full reboot and of course doing that loses all the guide so takes forever to download again
    not a happy puppy if this does not resolve itself

12. Goober11

Goober11
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The problem I have with mine is that when I try to schedule 2 programmes to record that are on the same time but a day between them with a weekly designation a notice pops up saying that there is an overlap on my reservations. I have tried to power off / on but thus does not make any difference. This is annoying as I am trying to put the Sopranos and Six Feet Under on weekly recording but will not work.

Anyone any ideas? :confused:

13. mhd

mhd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your problem may relate to the notice that Humax have put on their support website:
    http://www.humaxdigital.com/hcsa/

Dear PVR-8000T customers,

After you upgrade the software you may have a problem with the unit booting up.
    The problem occurs whenever the unit is put into Standby from a BBC channel on Multiplex 1. The unit will not boot up correctly the next time it is brought out of Standby. We believe that this is due to the receiver still detecting some information from the update begin broadcasted from this Multiplex.

To avoid the problem we recommend customers not to put the unit in Standby mode from a BBC channel. You will be able to put it in Standby mode from any other channel. This problem is only temporary and will not occur when the OAD transmission is stopped on the morning of 30th August.

If you do encounter this problem then you will need to power off the unit (using the ON/OFF Switch at the rear) for 30 seconds and then power on again.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Best Regards
    Humax Support

14. pr1uk

pr1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Spot on and Thank You

15. Blu-rayx

Blu-rayx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Just done OTA update,with no problems :thumbsup:

DVD :)

16. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I had the boot problem yesterday and I guess I left it on BBC. I hope they are right about it being the OTA that's causing it. I suppose they beta tested this at length before release and this problem must have not come up then.

17. Goober11

Goober11
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone??? :lease:

18. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    MHD, the 'Error Code: E-ID' problem that you have is caused by a corrupt system ID in your existing firmware. Contact Humax and they should be able to send you the necessary files to sort the problem out. :thumbsup:

19. mhd

mhd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've already contacted Humax and hope for a reply shortly but thanks for the info it is reassuring to find the problem is not terminal, I thought the box might have to go back to Humax. :)

1/9/2004
    Problem with 'Error Code: E-ID' now solved by updating the PVR8000T with file 15B30000.hdf (supplied by Humax UK) using the WDN40AK utility downloaded from Humax support website. Humax also supplied the 3 pin mini din cable adapter necessary to link to my PC. Great Tech Support. The 1.00.13 upgrade also worked well via PC. :thumbsup:

20. bluebear

bluebear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    @Stereo Steve: I totally agree about the Now/Next not been displayed on either the LIST or INFO page for the different channels whist still watching a program.
    I must email them about that, my old Nokia box (6 years old) can did this !
    I think on the LIST page, you should be able to press the Left arrow key to display the NEXT program info or on the INFO page use the UP and DOWN keys to display a different change Now/Next info.

@mhd: Thanks for the info about the Booting problem.

The boot problem should go away today, due to the OTA update finishing.

@Goober11: Interesting problem about the overlap, keep us informed if you find a solution.

Regards,

Bluebear.
    :)

21. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Downloaded the software fine but still havn't got a good enough signal for anything than Channel 5 and the accompanying Mux :blush:

22. alex250

alex250

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    using the humax instead of a vcr we goto the guide, select progs for the night we want and then press source on the remote to get the tv off the humax (scart 1) and back to normal tv,

before the update the humax would change channel and record not interrupting viewing of the tv but now when beginning to record the humax grabs control of the tv again. Not to annoying for us as we know what to press but confuses the hell out of the baby sitter.

anyone else noticed this?

23. condyk

condyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Is the latest 8000T upgrade going to appear again 'over the air' ... I don't want to have to buy a cable, download stuff, install it all, etc. I want an easy life.

24. mhd

mhd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it will be, however I could not find the page with the broadcast dates on so I'm not sure when.

You can see what OTA broadcasts are available for this week and next week on this page:

http://www.dtg.org.uk/cgi-bin/www.d...le.pl+Engineering Channel Download&20Schedule

25. Blu-rayx

Blu-rayx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    I have a problem with the new update for my 8000T at the moment,basically when i set the timer sometimes it dose not stop :confused:

Dose anyone have this problem?

DVD

26. albo

albo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yip. I've got the it doesn't stop recording problem. Seems to be when I set a repeat recording, e.g. daily. The result of this problem is a disc full of programs you don't want and not enough space left on the disc to record the programs you did want....not good. :mad:

I've also seen the problem where I am told my programs overlap when they are days apart.

Upshot, the new firmware fixed a few problems and added a few more.

Any info anyone?

27. Blu-rayx

Blu-rayx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    I've emailed humax about the problem an they are looking into it.
    I think it will be weeks or even mouths before a new firmware fix comes out.

albo,email humax about the recording problems.

DVD

28. albo

albo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    e-mailed humax some time ago about the problem and I've heard nothing from them. The status of the problem report is now marked as finished.

Has anyone else been in contact with them and managed to get a reply?